• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link Components not Installed

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating my video apps to CC 2020, Dynamic Link has stopped working. Not only did this affect my newly-installed apps, but my previously installed (and working) 2019 apps as well.

My question is, how are the Dynamic Link components installed? Do they come with Media Encoder, or Creative Cloud? Or is it something with my system setup?

Using MacOS 10.14.6 on 2017 iMac. I am on an enterprise setup both with the computer and CC software, but I have admin rights and can install software normally.

Issues:

• Cannot export to Media Encoder Queue with Premiere or After Effects: "Media Encoder is not installed" "Failed to connect to Adobe Media Encoder"
  • Cannot import Premiere or After Effects project files into Media Encoder: "Could not connect to Adobe After Effects. Please verify that Adobe After Effects and Adobe Dynamic Linkk components are installed."
  • Cannot import After Effects file into Premiere: "Adobe After Effects must be installed to import this file."

Attempted fixes:

• Uninstall and reinstall AE, PR, and AME 2020
  • Uninstall and reinstall Creative Cloud Desktop app
  • Uninstall AE, PR, AME (all versions), and CC Desktop, delete any related folders left over, including anything with "Dynamic Link", then reinstall CC Desktop and 2020 video apps
  • Rebooted computer between every step

I've attempted to reach out to the support chat but was redirected to After Effects support instead of Installation support. I may attempt to contact them again today.

If anyone has any insight or knowledge to share, I'm totally open. This has been a 3-day halt on my workflow so far.

TOPICS
Download and install , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

I did eventually figure out a solution, I quit all Adobe processes including Creative Cloud, renamed the Adobe folders from my Library/Preferences and Library/Application Support folders (change folder name from "Adobe" to "Adobe.old" for instance), then opened Creative Cloud and re-installed my video apps. Creative Cloud recreated the necessary folders, and now Dynamic Link seems to be installed properly, with both 2019 and 2020 versions.

It may be necessary to uninstall Creative Cloud before r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here... I tryed the same and no luck... If you find any fix, let us know!! tks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did eventually figure out a solution, I quit all Adobe processes including Creative Cloud, renamed the Adobe folders from my Library/Preferences and Library/Application Support folders (change folder name from "Adobe" to "Adobe.old" for instance), then opened Creative Cloud and re-installed my video apps. Creative Cloud recreated the necessary folders, and now Dynamic Link seems to be installed properly, with both 2019 and 2020 versions.

It may be necessary to uninstall Creative Cloud before renaming the folders, then reinstalling. I wouldn't recommend deleting the folders in case something goes wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, how did you figure that out? Is that the only fix it just happened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue involving video files in Adobe Lightroom. None of the videos i had in my catalog would playback and i was unable to import any new ones. When i would import new files, only photos would import and videos would give me an error. Sometimes it would mention the dynamiclink media server failing. I tried the samethings you pretty much did, delete the dynamiclink folders, un/reinstall LR, and then Creative Cloud using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, and nothing worked! After contacting Adobe Customer Support, they remotley contorled my computer, and before trying the cleaner tool for the 2nd time, he first went and changed any Adobe folders to Adobe.old. Which ended up working! And all my user presets and settings were still there too. My guess is changing it to Adobe.old probably forces it to create an entirely new Adobe folder from scratch instead of resuing any leftovers. Good to know this is a solution for other Adobe apps in Creative Cloud.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip - having the same issue here which has resulted in days of work of rendering massive files from after effects using the AE render engine which is extremely slow compared to media encoder. Unfortunately you need dynamic link to import After Effects compositions so it's a huge blocker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution works 2020.04.24 After Efftcts 17.0.6  and Premiere Pro 14.1.0 

What a pain.  Thanks for your post!!!

after effects unable to obtain dynamiclink server mac

after effects unable to obtain dynamiclink server mac 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can someone help me with this Because I dont knoe where is this file your are talking about and I keep getting this error: 

thank youCapture d’écran 2020-05-12 à 23.09.33.pngCapture d’écran 2020-05-12 à 23.09.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines