• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoder still does not EMBED CAPTION FILES

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I KNOW this is an ongoing PROBLEM!!!  Not an issue but a REAL PROBLEM!  I've read scores of these threads on CC in PP.  MPG2 lists the option but when you apply it to anything in the Queue, it vanishes.  What's the deal Adobe?

Working on an iMac with High Sierra 10.13.6

Memory: 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB

Blackmagic Design: Intensity Extreme

Premiere Pro: 14.0.0 Build 572. (2020)

Encoder: 14.0 Build 556

The CC file is set for 708 Service 1. 

The time line is: LA_GENERIC_TV30B_HD_CC, 1920 x 1080, 00;00;30;00, 29.97 fps 48000 Hz - Stereo

The CEA-708 Service 1 properties: File Path: Captions Type: Captions Image Size: 640 x 480 Frame Rate: 29.97 Total Duration: 00;00;02;29 Pixel Aspect Ratio: 0.9091 Alpha: Straight Alpha

Embed in output file is NOT an option in PP Export window.  I send it to Encoder. 

The CC files and the timeline again, both set to 708 / Service 1.

1) In Encoder, I use the QT preset and select the CAPTIONS tab and set it for EMBED IN OUTPUT FILE (screenshot included).
2) I drag the preset to the file to be encoded.
3) I double check the PRESET and the EMBED IN OUTPUT FILE option is gone. (attached)

It does not matter which codec I select in the QuickTime options.  It's all the same. Happens on everyone of them.  The MXF option is the only that seems to work.

Adobe, you need to remove the options from your Captioning tutorials. It doesn't work.

Why is this? 

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 4.51.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 4.52.06 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not gone.  It's just not available.

CEA-708 captions cannot be embedded in QuickTime (neither can Teletext, Open Subtitling, Australian, nor Open Captions).

To embed captions in QuickTime, the captions must be CEA-608.

Premiere Pro 2020 New Captions dialog boxPremiere Pro 2020 New Captions dialog box

Do you happen to have a SubRip Subtitle File (.srt)?  If so, that can be imported into a new CEA-608 captions file.  If not, you could try exporting your Sequence with CEA-708 Captions set to create a .srt sidecar file and then import the resulting .srt into a new CEA-608 captions file and replace the current 708 in the Sequence with the new 608; however, I would imagine that there's going to be some futz work to conform what was 708 to 608.

If you can switch to MXF as the container (Apple ProRes, DNxHD or OP1a) instead of QuickTime, you'll find that Embed in Output File is available as MXF supports embedding either CEA-608 or CEA-708.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quick update!

You can right click your CEA-708 captions file and choose Modify > Captions and change the Target Stream Format to CEA-608 using the Standard pop-up menu.

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.31.59 AM.png

Spot check the results in your Sequence and then export to QuickTime with Embed in Output File as expected.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines