• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding Failed Component: H.264 of type Exporter Selector: 9 Error code: 3

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an encoding failer (see log below) which when I repeat/reset status on the same sequence will happen/fail at different times during the same export with no changes to the project/setting etc?:

Basic setup; Windows 10, Premiere 14.5, ME 14.5 Geforce GTX 1070 with latest Oct 2020 studio driver

------------------------------------------------------------
- Encoding Time: 00:03:15
10/31/2020 02:56:00 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:12:40:14 - 00:12:40:15
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

- Encoding Time: 00:03:28
10/31/2020 03:00:29 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:13:20:16 - 00:13:20:17
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Here is a fix

Change hardware Encoding to Software Encoding.

https://youtu.be/EJ9dClm7XZQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 235 Replies 235
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, you saved me !

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found some success in exporting to a master file (Like a ProRes 422 Quicktime file) and then transcoding that to my h265 file using AME. It still effectively doubles the time, but that's faster than software encoding and it's at least reliable (so far...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had yet another failure.  The symptoms are the same as everyone else.  I can confirm that it occurred at a cut, on the first frame of the new clip.

In my case, it's a multicam timeline, with Lumetri color grading applied on adjustment layers in nested sequences.

As usual, I just right-clicked on the failed entry in Media Encoder, reset it, and started again.  Everything worked the second time through.  It's definitely an intermittent issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has started happening to me.  Just built a $2500 PC because I was sick of dealing with Mac.  Computer is less than a week old.  Super happy that Adobe is ignoring this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you, it's not like we have to pay for this program or anything. (insert eye rolling emoti here)

Just bought a 3600 dollar rig, and not looking forward to see what Adobe has in store for me when I transfer all my programs over to it.

FYI. I have everything 100% upto date excet my encoder, that is still at 14.5. It works, and works very very well. Only takes me 15 minutes to render a 1080p 60fps 20 minute video. Not sure it will work for everyone, but it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow so the suggestion by Majlo_PL above to disable the option:

"H264/HEVC hardware accelerated decoding (requires restart)" on the 'Media' preferences panel as totally resolved this issue!!

I can now render my 12 minute 4k project without a single error. GPU acceleration is still enabled for encoding so it completes very quickly. Just to add, this project has no Lumetri adjustments or anything other than basic clip assembly so far, though it was failing every time on render at different time indexes on each attempt.

As an aside, by doing this it's also fixed a weird glitch I had on a small part of a sequence where a previous clip 'bled' into a subsequent clip, even on render. With the above option disabled that part of the sequence is perfect now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem with the new update fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this has beeen going on since October apparentely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new version ist out now... 14.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah sorry Andy - I totally misread what you posted.

Yeah this was still a problem for me with the latest Prem and ME. Well until I turned off this option anyway.

Everything is working a lot better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, since ME & PR v14.5 (When new hardware decoding for AMD and NVIDIA GPUs was introduced)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, OK I will give the disable decode a try but first I will update to the latest ME & PR v14.8 just released and see if the problem still persists first.

Regards Gary 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem still happens for me (without decode disabled) as of 14.8 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, that's annoying to hear.
Hope you can find a fix soon - or they release another update which solves it.
Since I made the chance everything is working quicker now. I was getting odd stutter and slowdown when viewing my sequences along with the render issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - going to try this. it is VERY annoying to have to encode multiple times. hope it works for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded my Premiere down to 14.4.0 and I can finally render my final video without errors or crashes in H.264. I did the same thing with the media encoder (14.4) with no luck though. Doens't crash anymore, but won't render any further then 1% either. I will update if something weird happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find another solution. 

First, clean all the cache files, first from the preferences/media chade/delete all. Then in the scratch disk for premiere pro, i have all my files in documents/ premiere pro docs. Each one i diferent but make sure you have absolute control over the location of that folders. 

Restart  the computer, then in Media encoder/preferences de select the box "stop current item if decode errors are detected" and working with Cuda is fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same problem, after updating Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Media Encoder.

The current NVIDIA Drivers are realy buggy since weeks!

Switching to Studio Driver 457.30 will solve all the Problems mit Adobe products, but the driver is 12% slower then the newer one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that disabling the Nvidia hardware decode in Preferences->Media seems to help.  I disabled only the Nvidia decode and left the Intel hardware decode enabled.  It's now decoding using the GPU in my i7-10700K and applying effects and encoding with the RTX 3080, and all appears well.

It's also pretty fast, at least for my use case.  I just encoded a 20-minute 1080p30 piece (3-camera multi-cam edit with Lumetri color correction on every clip) in 2 minutes 17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I was having this exact same issue as everyone else as of Jan 20, 2021 and it has been very frustrating. I got it to work (could be chance), but here is what I did:

I went to the exact frame where it said the export failed and analyzed it. Turns out there were two clips overlapping each other on different tracks (very common for my editing method). So I basically flattened the timeline right there where the issue was happening. I began an export in Premiere and changed the export to another drive. I was originally rendering from one m.2 internal drive to another m.2 internal drive. This time I tried rendering to the same m.2 that the project files are on.

While it was exporting I read someone said to try ME 14.5. So I installed 14.5 ME while the render was going. Never had to use Media Encoder, because the render completed with zero errors. I'm not sure which of these things, if any, fixed the issue. I'll keep ME 14.5 for now in case it happens again.

I was working with Sony A7SIII footage XVAC-HS 4K 120p (and 60P) 4:2:0 10 Bit as well as a little XAVCS-I 4K 60p at 600mbps. Final export was to a h.264 .mp4 file with a 1 VBR of 100mpbs and Hardware Accleration.

PC Specs:

Intel i7-8700k overclocked at 4.8ghz

32gb of 3200mhz Ripjaw RAM

Gigabyte RTX-2070 8GB GPU

1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD (Contains Footage as well as Scratch/Cache)

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (C: Drive with programs and project files) 

Originally tried exporting to the C: Drive. When the export worked, I rendered to the 1TB m.2 that has the footage and scratch/Cache.

Hope this helps someone somehow meet a deadline, haha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole situation is very complicated, and there is some intermittent
factor affecting it. I have "fixed" it several times, only to have it
reappear later, so I think there are a lot of solutions being reported here
(including by me) that didn't really fix the problem; the problem just
didn't happen on the next export after the change.

The best way to prove that something actually fixed the issue is with an
A-B-A test:

1. Test scenario A and observe the failure.
2. Make your change, test scenario B and see it succeed.
3. Un-do your change and test scenario A again, and see it fail.

Because this is intermittent, I have never been able to un-do a "fix" and
see the failure again.

My hunch right now is that disabling the Nvidia hardware decode is the one
real fix right now, but I can't prove it. That could end up being
coincidence as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION

Hi everyone, just want to jump on to share my experience with this awful issue and my fix.

Rig:

i5-10400

GeForce GTX 1050

3x8GB LPX Coasair Vengeance

B460M Aorus Pro MoBo

TLDR;

-install fresh version of Windows 10

-get all your drivers updated

-make sure onboard graphics are enabled in BIOS

-make sure your onboard driver is actualy the correct version using this https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Issues I was getting: error 3 sector 9, RAM at 99% and crashing, general crashes, freezes, computer restarts, BSODs, importer 37/38/39 errors while scrubbing, other general error codes and freezes.

All these problems are now fixed following my fix.

Little bit of background:

Upgraded rig as I was getting error 3 sector 9 along with other issues, assumed it was compatibility issues with my current i7 4770k so went and upgraded to an actual compatible CPU.

After upgrade I still had the same issues, after tons of research and troubleshooting I narrowed it down to the on board graphics driver still having the old driver installed so I completey uninstalled it and reinstalled and this also the unlocked the OpenCL export option on project settings, so naturally I thought great it's fixed. NOT. So I still had issues but what I had done did mate a massive difference, I was getting further in the export each time and the system was utilizing the CPU much more efficiently, but now instead of getting error codes it would either just crash, stop or more frequently the RAM would hit 99% and tank. So, stumped and having ventured all other paths, I dedicded to do one last test and that was to install a fresh version of windows, get all the drivers updated and try again. Wow, what can I say. I was overjoyed, I've not had any issues since, the only issue I've had is when I attempted to export on CUDA instead of OpenCL, which threw out the error 3 sector 9 again, but I just started it straight back up switched back to OpenCL and all was good once again, so although this was clearly a local issue, I highly reccommend trying to export a project on a fresh install of windows, if, like me, you are completely out of options. Also I noticed that adobe has a list of reccommended GPU's here https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/system-requirements/2019.html and it seems that most people's rig doesn't include one from their list, not sure if this makes a difference but would help explain why they reccommend these GPUs in particular. So there, we have it.

Good luck everyone and I hope you can resolve your issues like I did. I've been on loads of adobe forums and all the advice from the technical 'experts' really are garbage and all the same old generic trash, clear media cache, disable this disable that. also FYI, I have H264 encoding and decoding enabled and checked the boxes of nvidia and intel, still works like a charm with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error. Dell XPS 7590 (2019) with 32GB RAM GTX 1650 with Studio Drivers. Using Software Encoding only fixes it. But that's not feasible when I'm using effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching to NVIDIA Studio Driver 457.30 solved all the Problem for me. Current Version of ME,AE and PR running well, no more errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thats interesting I might have to try that too, but at the moment I've only just updated to ME 14.8 and PR 14.8 plus the latest Jan 2021 Nvida Studio Driver plus the latest Intel graphics drivers too, so lets see what happens.

I will aslo try the switching on/off of Intel and Nvidia decode options to see what happends plus the ignore decode errorss option independently.

Regards Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines