• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Render/Export on Adobe Media Encoder 2022

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting for more than 30 mins for the final video to be rendered. It's already 40 mins and it's barely 50% rendered. Never had this issue before. My laptop specs are as below and my GPU is RTX 3070.

Anyone knows how to solve this sudden issue?

default0mk71hws211k_3-1647311106723.png

default0mk71hws211k_0-1647310742935.png

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Hi all, 
Despite receiving test files from many of you (thank you!), we have not been able to reproduce this problem at Adobe. That's a bit unusual and certainly frustrating - to you and us - but we do think this issue has been fixed in the latest beta of After Effects and Media Encoder. We'd love to get your feedback on that. Creative Cloud betas are specifically designed to run alongside the release versions and are available in the "Beta apps" section of Creative Cloud Desktop. More informatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 248 Replies 248
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Please let us know the type of media files you have used (format/codec, frame rate & frame size) & the effects applied.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a similar issue. 

I simply had to cut down a gif to conserve a bit of space, The final video lasts 13 seconds. It took over 2 minutes to render it using hardware encoding with an RTX 3070. I used the H.264 format, like I have with all previous projects. The output framerate is 15 fps, and the frame size is 1604x828. I applied no effects, since I only had to cut the gif a bit shorter. This is a problem i've only encountered this one time, as all previous projects I rendered with higher quality targets rendered much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that taylorbenniefaull.
If you have time, you may want to reinstall the previous version to see if your expected performance returns. Depending on your system, the previous version might be more performant. Let us know if the advice helped you or not.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been the same for Adobe video/motion related products forever.
I just don't undestand why do we as costumers be beta testing final releases...

I have a system that's not old and I'm always facing issues everytime there's an update. 

2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

4 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB.

ATM I'm finding renders in encoder extremelly slow and they seem to be caching the wrong audio file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have the same issue. That's the reason why I kept using CC 2019 for so long, I had stable versions of After Effects, Premiere Pro and Media Encoder. Now, it takes ages to render an AE comp inside Media Encoder. I also found out that decreasing my comp size doesn't help at all.

And it's funny cause it seems that it's faster to preview in full quality inside AE than it is to render in Media Encoder.

I'm afraid it has something to do with GPU.

My specs:

Intel i5 8400

RTX 2060 Super

32 Gb RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here! your products are getting worse with every update....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is frustrating is that I was working on more complicated projects in older versions of after eftects years ago on a worse machine and they rendered a lot faster than basically anything in the current version. I could use vector images and they rendered faster, I could use higher reolution images and even photoshop files and they rendered faster, I could work with multiple image sequences for 3d-multipass renderings and they rendered faster? Even last year I could see an increase in render times by 50 percent from one update to the next while working on the very same project? What is going on? Why is this an issue? What should I prioritise when buying a new machine to not experience these issues? Is GPU all that matters and has adobe dropped support for CPU entirely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same here, rendering 5min video (with After Effect dynamic links) 8hours and remaining is 40+h. 

Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 20.27.12.png

Software Only - 8 hours and the remaining is 40+h (after 8 it probably gets stuck too, bcs it was not moving quite a while)

Hardware accelerated - after 20-30min it always gets stuck. The remaining was 6h. 

Macbook 16"

M1 Pro

16GB RAM 

1TB SSD

------------------------------

Premiere, AE,ME 2021 is running relatively fine. (for Adobe).

But 2022 project was handed to me, and I am disgusted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Media encoder took estimated time remaining 2 hours on a small file.  But Battle Axe's Anubis saved me. Render in less than 4 min

https://www.battleaxe.co/ This plugin with AE is magic. The best $20 I have ever spent 

Media Encoder can go suck an egg. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BattleAxe publishes some great products.  It's important to note that when encoding from After Effects, Anubis renders a ful-resolution movie file first and then encodes that to MP4. Users must have enough storage space to accommodate this interim file. Also, the same approach can be leveraged via Media Encoder by rendering from the After Effects Render Queue to a Media Encoder Watch Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a hard time on how to use Anubis... Is there a quickstart guide some place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Princephillip 

Go to https://help.battleaxe.co and then scroll down to Anubis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam, would it be possible to get a copy of the file plus associated media that shows this problem? It's an issue I've heard reported - obviously here! - but it's not something we're aware of in terms of a bug we've already got logged and are tracking. Doesn't mean it's not but in order to figure it out, we'll need to get a project we can use to duplicate the issue. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. And after contacting the technical support, guy made me wait hour to see if a 10sec video is rendered or not. An the conclusion he came up with was "I need to upgrade my RAM". As if until now it was enough, suddenly it is 8x bad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It's rendering extremely slow all of the sudden. It barely even works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed it started rendering a little faster once i uninstalled media encoder and reinstalled it back (same version). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I'm rendering a file that, when rendered a month ago, took about 50 minutes.  Now, after updating Media Encoder, I'm at 3 hours and it's only 2/3 done.  Very upsetting when on a DEADLINE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, in a 1 min 30 sec project , it took about 1 hour 30 min, extreme slow!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to test this issue using the latest beta of Premiere Pro and Media Encoder? The beta is easy to install and it runs completely separately from the version you currently have installed. Here's more information about the beta:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To you (and everyone else who's seen this issue), can you tell us if the Premiere Pro projects you're trying to export from Media Encoder include content from After Effects? That would include Motion Graphics templates (.mogrt files). 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using Premiere, only After Effects. I'm using plugins/templates in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Would it be possible for you to share the AE comp with me? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export straight from AE to Media Encoder. I suspect it might has something to do with plugins that use GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines