• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Render/Export on Adobe Media Encoder 2022

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting for more than 30 mins for the final video to be rendered. It's already 40 mins and it's barely 50% rendered. Never had this issue before. My laptop specs are as below and my GPU is RTX 3070.

Anyone knows how to solve this sudden issue?

default0mk71hws211k_3-1647311106723.png

default0mk71hws211k_0-1647310742935.png

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Hi all, 
Despite receiving test files from many of you (thank you!), we have not been able to reproduce this problem at Adobe. That's a bit unusual and certainly frustrating - to you and us - but we do think this issue has been fixed in the latest beta of After Effects and Media Encoder. We'd love to get your feedback on that. Creative Cloud betas are specifically designed to run alongside the release versions and are available in the "Beta apps" section of Creative Cloud Desktop. More informatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 248 Replies 248
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same is happening with me. Since july when I'm rendering in Media Encoder something from AE it get stucked in some moments, but when I open some video on youtube it kinda get back to normal. But I need to keep opening a new video every once in a while. it doesn't make any sense for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah, just tried the "YouTube" trick - it is like putting a booster on the render, starts flying!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Running AE 22.6.0 and ME 22.6 o a M1 Mac (64 GB, Monterey 12.4) and plenty 2,2 TB free on hard drive.

Rendered a quite simple movie in AE Render Que, default lossless in 1 min 46 sec.

Rendering the same project in ME (H.264 and Youtube preset) and it's now about 40 % done after 1 hour and 4 min – remaining: 1 hour 24 min.

Was thinking that the latest update would solve this catastrophe bug along with all problems regarding Dynamic Link – but no... same old disappointment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As everyone else, same issue here. Last week exporting the same videos took 2-3min, now they are taking 2+ hours for a 30sec video. Spec below (although it doesn't matter because this is a new problem that was working perfect on the same machine days ago)

Mac 12.5.1

AE 22.6

ME 22.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sigh.....getting really tired of adobe taking 4 hours to render a 15 second video....its' beyond insane now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us more details, or a copy of the project. I know it's frustrating but we really need specifics and projects to be able to reproduce the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm also having same issue, how can I give you a copy of my project? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending upon the size, you can post it here, or host it on your creative cloud space and send a link. If neither of those are comfortable for you, we can connect and I can give you an email address to send to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happens to me. Funny that it began after I got a new computer. My old i7 3770 16gb gtx970 performs way better than my new i7 10700k rtx3070 64gb and nvme. It is taking 3 hours to render a 40 seconds After Effects video, it says remaining 5 hours, the same video rendered in less than 10 minutes on my old computer. Just makes abolute no sense at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the exact same version of After Effects and Media Encoder? Any effects being used in those projects? Any different versions of those effects? If you install the AE / AME beta from CCD, do you have the same problem? We'd love to help but we need specific details, projects, etc., to be able to debug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using both the latest versions of AE and AME. Im trying to render a project with multiple effects 1080 of 35 seconds, and as the elpased time and the render increases, also the remaining time does, Its at 50% now with 4 hours and still remaning 4 hours to finish, this is just unaceptable. My work is getting really behind the schedule and Im statting to have trouble with my clients. Interesting, I tried it at my friend`s house and his version is older and not genuine, it worked just perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to share the project with us? Have you been able to try the beta builds to see if the issue is resolved? (there are a number of fixes around AE rendering in Media Encoder in the latest betas). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All, In my humble opinion, any of us sending in AE projects for analysis is really not needed.  I work as a theatrical designer and my workflow and media change drastically from project to project.  The one thing that, unfortuately, remains consistent is that ME 2022 renders painfully slow on my M1 Max MacbookPro.  Whether it it be Prores, HAP or H264, it's problematic.  If I walk over to my 5 year old iMac that is running AE & ME 2021, files render in minutes while my M1 Mac take 4 hours.  I'm very, very frustrated by all this and I must say, it's seems like Adobe has stopped supporting ME.  Unfortunately these are the programs I use, so I soldier onward for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are asking for projects because we aren't able to reproduce the problem here internally. I promise no one has stopped supporting Media Encoder, there is an entire team dedicated to it. We really do want to fix this problem, but we need a bit more help in identifying the cause. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@824adobeavn 

Having projects that cause an unexpected slowdown is the only way for the Adobe team to asses and implement changes.  Sure, it would be amazing if all possible use cases could be thought of ahead of time.

Sorry to hear you're not getting faster performance on your M1 Max MacBook Pro.  I recently ran some speed tests and my M1 Max MacBook Pro beat my 2019 Mac Pro, iMac Pro, and M1 13-inch MacBook Pro.

I almost always convert all source footage to ProRes if it's not ProRes already.  A MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Apple M1 Max transcoded 45 minutes of 2560x1440p30 MP4 footage to ProRes 422 Proxy in 5 minutes and 3 seconds in Media Encoder 22.5 under macOS Monterey 12.5.1.  My iMac Pro (2017) 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W did it in 17 minutes and 24 seconds with the same version of Media Encoder under macOS Big Sur 11.4 and my MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 did it in 1 hour, 24 minutes, and 18 seconds with Media Encoder 14.4.  So, transcoding to ProRes probably doesn't need much attention while whatever is slowing your project down does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify what my situation is. I purchased my M1 max unit back in January. At that time I was using the 2021 version of AE and ME. All of my rendering times were lightning fast. Seriously, Crazy fast, no matter what the project, no matter what the media. When 2022 versions came out, I upgraded. With that upgrade came all the problems with Media encoder. No matter what the project, whether it be created from movies in any myriad of different codecs, or still images (png, psd, jpg, whatever) the render is unbearably slow. I’ve been using your software for years and never had a problem. Now I have to render directly out of AE, which is fast and fine, but I can’t work whilst doing so. The problem is not with my projects. Even if I take a 30 sec prores file at 30fps, drop it into AE, send it to ME with no effects or alteration, render it from ME as prores at 30fps, it will take 20 minutes to render. What gives? You tell me. Most of my fellow video designer friends have abandoned ME. I’m still hoping it gets fixed.

Thanks for your work on this. I do appreciate.

Alexander V 

(PII removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multi-frame Rendering (MFR) was implemented in AE 2022.  I had to make sure all third-party plugins and addons are MFR compatible (BorisFX Continuum Complete, Mocha Pro, Motion Boutique, Plugin Everything, Red Giant, Rowbyte, Sapphire, Trapcode, and Video Copilot).  Although, before I updated them all I was experiencing crashes rather than slow performance.

You can roll back to 2021 and have both 2021 and 2022 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
Had the same issue. Could not render with media encoder anymore. It was super slow and stopped during the render process! 
Now it works again! Halleluja!
Here is what I did:
Go in After Effects to Preferences, Media Cache, Media Caches Files and press delete! After that it worked smooth again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too, thank you!!! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whoa - I don't know what this actually does, but I did it anyway and IT MADE IT NORMAL AGAIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. For some reason, Creative cloud ignored my 'don't upgrade' request and upgraded everything.
AE slow. Photoshop slow. Media encoder is rendering a 'fairly' complex comp thats 17 seconds HD. 
Plays easily in AE on full rez. Half way through the render and it's taken 37 minutes. Says another 45 minutes to go.
The problem is, my computer is HUNG while this is going on, so I can't even work in the background.
Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same issue for a while and it's causing the quality of my work to worsen since I'm spending so much time managing and waiting on exports. I can't send my 170 GB project folder in for troubleshooting, but three different computers and several versions of AE and ME are exporting terribly slowly. And mutli-frame rendering drops down to 1 concurrent frame after a couple minutes. Same with the current beta version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

man, I've been facing the same problem. a tip that MAYBE can help you a little:

OPEN SOME YOUTUBE VIDEOS IN YOUR COMPUTER DURING THE RENDER, AND ONCE IN A WHILE CHANGE THE VIDEO TO ANOTHER ONE. IT DOESN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM, BUT KEEP REPEATING THIS DURING THE RENDER MADE THE PROCESS OF RENDER FASTER.

I have no idea why it works, but it does. Try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try this and you are right it did help speed up the process a little bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines