• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Render/Export on Adobe Media Encoder 2022

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting for more than 30 mins for the final video to be rendered. It's already 40 mins and it's barely 50% rendered. Never had this issue before. My laptop specs are as below and my GPU is RTX 3070.

Anyone knows how to solve this sudden issue?

default0mk71hws211k_3-1647311106723.png

default0mk71hws211k_0-1647310742935.png

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Hi all, 
Despite receiving test files from many of you (thank you!), we have not been able to reproduce this problem at Adobe. That's a bit unusual and certainly frustrating - to you and us - but we do think this issue has been fixed in the latest beta of After Effects and Media Encoder. We'd love to get your feedback on that. Creative Cloud betas are specifically designed to run alongside the release versions and are available in the "Beta apps" section of Creative Cloud Desktop. More informatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 248 Replies 248
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, had this issue for months and finally stumbled across a fix that works for me now perfectly.

Roll back to AE 22.2.1 and teh same on ME. It has to be this exact version. Works like a dream for me so it may be the solution for now.

(FYI I am running on Mac Monterey 12.6).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with the latest version of AE and AME. Similar videos that used to render 15-30 minutes have an estimated render time of 10+ hours. It was (and still is) driving me crazy.

My solution for the time being: install an older version of both software.
I installed After Effects 18.4.6 and Media Encoder 15.4.5 and just rendered a video in 20 minutes which took me hours with the latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to stay at the 2022 version of both software, you can follow the solution of @Digiwheel 

Hi guys, had this issue for months and finally stumbled across a fix that works for me now perfectly.

Roll back to AE 22.2.1 and teh same on ME. It has to be this exact version. Works like a dream for me so it may be the solution for now.

(FYI I am running on Mac Monterey 12.6).

I tried it on Windows and it also works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, thanks, that sounds like a reasonable solution! Where do I find the older version of AE and AME? They don't show up in my Creative Cloud panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To install older versions, click the ellipse ("...") to the right of the Open button for After Effects in Creative Cloud Desktop.  Then choose "Other versions".

WarrenHeaton_0-1664475188685.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the man. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, Do I have to uninstall the latest version to make the render time speed up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting back to 22.2.1 in AE and AME solved the problem! Hour and 17 minute render time back to 2:49.

Thank you to everybody who lent a hand to solve this issue. I wonder if Adobe is working on a fix for the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've posted a few times about trying the 23.1 Beta builds where we believe this is fixed. So yes, we are / have worked on fixing the issue. We'd love for people to try out the betas to help confirm it's fixed though 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do....but for some reason the Beta option does not show up on my work computer like it does on my computer at home 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd hazard a guess that's related to something in your IT setup at work where they may have blocked the Beta builds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can we try this beta? for me is only available 22.6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the left hand side of CCD, is a Beta Apps section. All current betas are available to install from there.

jenkmeister_0-1664495806234.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

i've created a few projects in the newest version of Premiere and After Efects. I can't remember...will those new Project files open in older versions of Premiere and After Effects if I reinstall the older Premiere and After Effects software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have a problem opening project I created in a new version in 22.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 23.0/23.1 is not immediately back compatible with 22.*. But if you're within the 22.* range of projects, then it should. There is also a Save As Version in AE to take a project back to 22.* or 18.* you can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WIGTV 

Premiere Pro requires us to save the file in XML and then import it into an older version if we want to revert back.  More information here: Backward compatibility of Premiere Pro projects

After Effects 2019 (version 16), After Effects 2020 (version 17), After Effects 2021 (version 18), and After Effects 2022 (version 22) can share the same After Effects project file.  The After Effects Beta (version 23) requires using Files > Save As > Save a Copy As 22.x in order to open the AEP in an older version.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but we can keep multiple versions of each installed at the same time as long as our operating system supports it.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin26338220p5u9 

Kevin, you're running macOS, right?  It's great to hear that you're getting faster renders with 22.2.1, but I was able to render your NEXT MATCH project in less than a minute across three different Macs (an iMac Pro 2017, 13-inch Macbook Pro M1, and 16-inch MacBook Pro M1 Max) with After Effects 22.6 and Media Encoder 22.6.  There may be something software configuration-wise causing the slowdown.  Hopefully whatever it is doesn't come back when After Effects 23 is released.  I have my fingers crossed.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem for now. In general, there have been a lot of problems with Adobe software lately. That's why I'm switching to another soft. In the case of the Da Vinci Resolve video. I am glad that the developer of the competition gives very good and stable tools. Cyeaa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We might have found a repro overnight. If you're willing, can you do an export from AME where the issue happens, and then when that's complete, go to Help -> Reveal Log Files and find the Adobe Media Encoder Log.txt and Adobe Media Encoder Log-last.txt file and post those back. We are  looking for some log lines related to async timeouts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't read this thread all the way through buy mu suggestions for slow Media Encoder would be.

• Clear your cache.

• Media Encoder the update selected "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" so make sure you select under
    Preferences/General/ Video Rendering " Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) Recommended.
    Check in premiere as well. Same setting. Then restart and do work.

• Media Encoder Preferences > General > Uncheck "Import sequences natively" and try export again.

• Deactivate parallel encoding.

• The source file needs on a fast drive - and I mean fast, 2GB/s minimum, better 3GB/s (M.2 NVMe with 4xPCIe for example.

• Put source and target on different physical hard drives.

I'm not sure which of these works for me but Making sure all these changes are in place does the trick.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Same here... 
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
All brand new.
Processor usage: 20%
GPU usage 20%
Extremly slow rendering on a very-very simple composition!

Cheers,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We might have found a repro overnight. If you're willing, can you do an export from AME where the issue happens, and then when that's complete, go to Help -> Reveal Log Files and find the Adobe Media Encoder Log.txt and Adobe Media Encoder Log-last.txt file and post those back. We are  looking for some log lines related to async timeouts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines