• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Render/Export on Adobe Media Encoder 2022

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting for more than 30 mins for the final video to be rendered. It's already 40 mins and it's barely 50% rendered. Never had this issue before. My laptop specs are as below and my GPU is RTX 3070.

Anyone knows how to solve this sudden issue?

default0mk71hws211k_3-1647311106723.png

default0mk71hws211k_0-1647310742935.png

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Hi all, 
Despite receiving test files from many of you (thank you!), we have not been able to reproduce this problem at Adobe. That's a bit unusual and certainly frustrating - to you and us - but we do think this issue has been fixed in the latest beta of After Effects and Media Encoder. We'd love to get your feedback on that. Creative Cloud betas are specifically designed to run alongside the release versions and are available in the "Beta apps" section of Creative Cloud Desktop. More informatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 248 Replies 248
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are right i have tested with/without plugins effects without any effects video is rendering faster and if plugins are used the rendering is very slow in media encourages and premiere pro .There is an issue with GOU ACCELERATED PLUG-INS

MY SPECS:

RTX 3050ti

Ryzen 9

Pr pro 2023

Ae 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding in here: an 8 minute video from After Effects (no heavy graphics, just simple fades, etc) is going to take 5+ hrs out of Encoder - this is on a brand new Macbook Pro M1. 
I was having the same issue with my previous computer (~2017 Macbook Pro), and was hoping it was a hardware issue rather than what seems to be a software issue. 

Any guidance on settings, etc?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the same Problem: 

My Comp is only 8.5 Seconds long. I use 4 layers. Only using Rotobrush in one layer, and that's it. 

Media Encoder say it needs 2:30 mins to render. Waiting now since 30 Minutes and it stucks at about 10% (30 seconds). 

CUP Usage and GUP Usage is a joke. 0,3 to 5 %. 

Windows 10

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz

32,0 GB

GForce 980GT (ok not the newest, but has always worked fine)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[I'm marking this as "Correct" to keep it at the top of this thread. We have not yet been able to reproduce this problem at Adobe so we are very eager to get files that demonstrate the issue.]

Hi all, 

I'm the product manager for Media Encoder and I'm very eager to get this problem resolved. If you would be willing to share an AE comp and the related media, fonts, and plugins with us for testing, please send me a private message via the forum.

Fixing this issue is my team's number one priority. Candidly, we've not done enough, fast enough, to jump on this issue and I apologize for that.

Regards,

Fergus 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Fergus, 

i could send you my little project, but it's very big....

One thing i noticed right now, lucky there is YouTube, if i turn OFF the multi frame rendering, then the renderlist and Media Encoder don't get stuck so easily. 

If multi frame rendering is on, for the first seconds the rendering is really fast and AE uses about 50% of the CPU (althoug i set up to use up to 90%) and then the usage of the CPU get down to 0,3 to 1,8%....

By the Way: If multiframe rendering is off the preview runs much faster then with multi frame is set to on. How can it be?

Anyway, i think that the slow rendertimes are a bug caused by multiframe rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! I'll ask the team to look into the MFR idea. 

It's no problem for us to get a big file, if you're willing to upload it. If so, DM me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Fergus,

No disrespect, but this answer is puzzling to me. It makes me wonder whether you test your products. On an M1 Max, export times in AE are 400-500% faster than in Media Encoder independently of the project you're working on. It gets worse, the more complex the project is but you should have no problem replicating it.

I think multi-frame rendering is basically broken in Media Encoder and I don't know if it's because of Media Encoder itself or because of the sync / bridge between AE and ME. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue in Premiere Pro using media encoder. Renders take forever. Seems to just stop whenever it gets to a Motion Graphic, but often just randomly.  CPU/GPU go Idle. Then bam, CPU and GPU go full speed again, then stops, CPU/GPU go idle for minutes, then starts again.

A render used to take about 50% of the sequence length, now a 20 minute sequence takes over 2 hours to render. 

I just installed the latest Media Encoder. No better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow render issues here as well. Actually trying to render with any Adobe Product is cumbersome at this point. I was having luck by doing a "Quick Export" from premiere, but now that is really slow as well. What I am doing at this moment is I have render several 15+ minute videos individually out of Premiere. Each one took about 40 minutes. Then I to those files and dropped them into Media Encoder in order to my YouTube videos. Each one has taken about 15 minutes to do that. Trying to do a Batch Export from Premiere to Media Encoder is pretty much worthless at this point. the files just hang there or take forever to finally load in Media Encoder. Then once I start the render from Media Encoder it will just lock up or take hours...I'm just kind of rambling here, but I hope something that I am babling about has some useable information for Adobe Tech Folks...Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fergus,

If I remember correctly, I saw an update from you a while ago stating that the issue is fixed and will be released with the next update. Anyways if it's still not resolved, DMing you my basic most project I am facing the issue with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest version of AE and ME this week (22.6) and am still seeing hour+ render times on a project that's less than 30 second and used to render in 10ish minutes. I've tried turning off multi-frame rendering, but that only had a small effect on renders. I'm attaching the project I'm working on currently. It's the "Coming Up" composition within this project that I'm working on at the moment. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the aep. Any chance you're able to supply the assets as well? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I share the assests in a Google Drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes a link to all the assets would be helpful, or at least the assets to that one comp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenkmeister

Since that last project was a little involved, here's a smaller project with all of the assests that also is taking an hour+ to render. Again, Using an M1 iMac with Big Sur 11.6.1 and 16 GB of RAM.

Does this shed more light on my issue?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, the project I just sent you actually rendered in a more respectable (but still felt long) 21 minutes when I render as 23.59 fps. Not sure if you're seeing a similar or faster time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This might be being caused by a memory bug in 22.6 on M1 machines. If you're willing, the 23.1 beta available in CCD has this fixed. You could try a direct h264 render out of AE in that beta, or install AE and AME beta and try the export again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta apps appear as an option on my home computer's CC app but not at my
work computer. Is there a direct link to the Beta downloads for AE and AME?

Thanks again!

--

*Kevin Gilmore*
Assistant Athletic Director, Communications
California State University, Monterey Bay
100 Campus Center | Seaside, CA 93955
Office: 831.582.3118 | Twitter: @OtterKevin | www.OtterAthletics.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no direct link, Beta's have to be installed via CCD. I'll take a look at that smaller project you posted and see if I can repro. Thank you for pulling that together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no repro for me on either Windows or an M1 Macbook. I could see a bit of memory pressure but AE/AME seemed to handle that as expected. 

If you can get that project or the other project into the slow rendering state, can you take a screenshot of your activity manager memory / CPU tabs, sorted accordingly, so I can get an idea of where memory is at and if that's a potential cause? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you need additional assests from the project.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, if you open "On_Air_Graphics (converted) copy.aep" with the source footage offline, do you see the slow export times?  So, how long does it take if you export with the media deliberatey missing?

With the source footage offline, I have the following render/export times for the Comp "Coming_Up" to Best Settings, Apple ProRes 422 HQ:
• macOS Big Sur 11.6.8, After Effects 22.6, Media Encoder 22.6.1, Encoding Time: 00:02:01, iMac Pro (2017)

• mac OS Monterey 12.6, After Effects 22.6, Media Encoder 22.6.1, Render Time 57 Seconds, Endoding Time: 00:01:11, MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

Also, this may not be affecting anything, but maybe it is:  Some of your folder names have an extra space at the head of the folder name and one folder uses parenthesis.   If you remove the "(" and ")" from "(from old Mac)" and change " NCAA DII School Logos" and " CAA School Logos" to "NCAA DII School Logos" and "CAA School Logos", how long does it take to export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you open with the source footage offline? Additionally, where are the assests with parenthesis? I'm attaching a screenshot of what the comp looks like on my screen. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***Render with Source Footage Missing

Since your source footage is in your Users folder, it's a little tricky.  The "easiest" way that I can think of is to right-click the folder "From Old Mac" in the Finder and choose Compress "From Old Mac" while After Effects is closed.  When that finishes, move "From Old Mac" to the Trash, but don't empty the Trash.  As an extra backup, I'd copy "From Old Mac" to a removable drive or a network drive (storage that you can eject/unmount).  Then open  "On_Air_Graphics (converted) copy.aep".  All of the files should show as "Missing".  Duplicate and render the item in the Render Queue and click "Ok" to any messages about missing files.  If this renders in about the time you would expect, then your issue is most likely tied to your source footage.  If this renders slower than expected, then it still unknown what's causing the slow down.

***File Paths
The parenthesis and the spaces are in the File Path.

WarrenHeaton_0-1664403888344.png

Another test would be to again compress "From Old Mac".  But rather than move "From Old Mac" to the Trash, remove the "(" and ")" so that "Scans (From old Mac)" is just "Scans from old Mac".  Also, remove the spaces at the start of your folder names such that none of your folders in the Finder have a space at the start of the folder name.  When you open the project, relink "Cal State LA.png" first *File > Replace Footage > File or double-click the source footage in the Project tab) and the rest of the CCAA Logos should relink.  Then relink "Alaska-Anchorage Logo.png" and rest of the GNAC Logos should relink.  Then relink "Academy of Art Logo.png" and the rest of the Pac West Logos should relink.  On newer Macs, the Macintosh HD is formatted as APFS and I've seen special characters in file paths cause unexpected issues more than usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Compositions from After Effects are taking way longer than usual to export via Adobe Media Encoder. This particular comp today is less than 30 seconds, uses minimal effects within AE (no plug ins), PNG image files, and 1 photoshop file (static image). It's taking 30+ minutes to export. This is a file I export weekly and it used to take 1 minute to export. I tried re-downloading a previous version of AE and AME, did not help. Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 5.31.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines