Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hardware-accelerated encoding documentation

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to optimise some workflow and i search for a documentation for hardware-accelerated encoding.

It's really not easy to tfind what will work or not with only "your hardware can't be use for this configation" as else doc.

regards,

TOPICS
Export or render , Formats , Hardware or GPU , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, tell me about it! When I went to check on recommended GPUs I noticed the list was over a year old...
One thing I can say with a fair degree of certainty is that when you see the section about "Hardware Accelerated Encoding/Decoding" this is basically only when you've got a GPU built into the CPU (which is basically only in laptops and obviously a sub-optimal setup). Intel has a set of dedicated instructions for their "video on CPU" chips. So unless that's your situation you'd want to leave that Off.

Still... considering how sparse the overall documentation is there's really not a lot of explanation for anything in terms of performance and setup. I mean, surely with all the dev. money put into each product you could get someone to to just sit down with an engineer and write up a couple of paragraphs (and then update them!) that explains the basics of what works best, what's supported and things to avaoid. This has been a problem for many years, but we can always hope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines