Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i purchase adobe media encoder?

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i purchase adobe media encoder?

I want to buy it and use it to make mxf files for television material, my 30day trial period has expired.

Please help urgently.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Hello Thanks for the answers

I will have to  install after fx or premiere or purchase the cheaper of the 2 .. I did install just encoder as a standalone initially.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

But what do i buy?

I cant find the app anywhere, is it part of adobe premiere or after effects etc.

Please be a bit more specific.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

But what do i buy?

I cant find the app anywhere, is it part of adobe premiere or after effects etc.

Please be a bit more specific.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this page Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud product trial | Download, install, start trial

"After 30 days, the trial period expires and you see the Buy button next to the product name. You can click the button and follow on page instructions to purchase the Creative Cloud membership."

Did you not see that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope i do not see that at all.

Spent the better part of 4 hours clicking around navigating the site etc

No luck as yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have the AME trial? If so, try to start it and see what happens. When you got the AME trial, did you get the CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alastair,

Adobe Media Encoder cannot be purchased but can be installed as a Standalone product. It is a part of different products. If you want to purchase it you need to purchase One of the Video Editing Application like After Effects, Premiere Pro or SpeedGrade. You can also purchase Photoshop, Illustrator and In design but the Media Encoder will not have all the export presets this is because there are some presets which can not be activated in Non Royalty mode and they need some video application to be installed and properly activated.

Check this link: Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Go to Single apps and check what you can purchase in single apps

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vinay

I was beginning to wonder about that. But does that mean the AME trial can be used without the video apps installed, it just can't be purchased?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry,

As I mentioned that it can be installed as a standalone application but cannot be purchased as a standalone product so you can install it as a trial without installing any other app(s). This change was made in Creative Cloud but till CS6 we do not have separate downloads for Adobe Media Encoder and it was bundles with above mentioned product(s).

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, but what I don't understand is if, as the OP said, the AME trial was used for 30 days, does that mean Pr or Ae or SpeedGrade was also installed in order for the AME trial to be functional? Or is AME trial functional to some extent without any video apps installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry,

Adobe Media Encoder trial is only to use and test whether it is the application that fits your workflow and it is not the activated product. So, when you install Adobe Media Encoder you do not need to install any other application as it is a separate download but once the trial is over you cannot purchase it without having above mentioned application. Previously, Adobe Media Encoder was bundled with Premiere Pro, SpeedGrade or After Effects and as soon as you download any of these application(s) it will be installed automatically and as soon as you activate any of the application it gets activated but now you can only work on Media Encoder till the time it is a trial but for activating it you need a subscription of any Video product(s).

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Vinay

I never knew that AME could be tested by itself, as I never had occasion to try it that way. Live and learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

KJerryK wrote:

Try here and click the "buy now" button

Media Encoder CC tutorials | Learn how to use Media Encoder CC

Shouldn't the button be called "Rent Now"!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Thanks for the answers

I will have to  install after fx or premiere or purchase the cheaper of the 2 .. I did install just encoder as a standalone initially.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines