• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with AE and AME -- Dynamic Link?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using After Effecs CC and I am trying to open the .aep file in Adobe Media Encoder CC (to export as a MPEG file).  I am getting an error stating: "Could not connect to Adobe After Effects.  Please verify that Aobde After Effects and Adobe Dynamic Link components are installed". 

I have both AE and AME open and running.  In the menu for AE I have the Dynamic Link menu available.  However, when opening the .aep file in AME I always get this error.

-Dave

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Found the solution. The problem is that ADOBE ME has been updated to the latest version and After Effects or Premiere has not been updated to that same version. The solution is to go to the Adobe CC app. Intall the latest version of either Ae or Pr depending on what you are working, Lounch it and migrate your settings when prompted. Media encoder will work just fine. You can then unintsall the older version of Ae or Pr on your computer to save space. This is a simple solution that the genuises a

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Using a mac on newest version of sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...this doesn't help at all, but this morning I tried it again at work, without changing anything other than the fact that my computer was on Sleep mode overnight, and it works now. I don't know if it was an issue with my computer itself or my company network. Since someone else is having the same issue, I would still like to know what causes it in case it happens again. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already updated the apps and still no fix.....im working on Mac please adobe this is the second time i cant use your apps correctly cause of issues like this....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have got the same problem as you du. I work on the same platform Mac OSX and it does the some problem to me too.  When I am rendering a lot of media and then I like to change some preferences before the video will be exported, it doesn't  do anything. What happened to you it is happening to me right now with fully updated application CC.

Ofcourse88

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!
I had the same problem I just updated both AME an AE to the same versions and it's working fine!
Directory OR location of AME & AE doesn't matter, they're working fine with different location!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated both AME and After effects to latest version (windows 10), and Im experiencing the same issue.
It seems like the order of opening programs matters to me, so my current workaround is a reboot -> open creatve cloud app -> open media encoder from there -> import AE project. All this without having AE open. For some reason, submitting from AE, or dragging the file onto AME while AE is open throws the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to check your Adobe After effects and Media Encoder Version year.

means your after effects and media ncoder year both should be 2019.

version may differ but based on the year you should install both the softwares

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Running AFX 14.2.1.34 2017.2 release and I don't want to upgrade it or I expect I will have to also upgrade the plugins that I have bought which will cost me money.

Made the mistake of updating media encoder the other day and now the dynamic links fail as per the thread.  Would like to revert to my previous version of media encoder, but seems that Adobe don't support previous installers.  I see the logic for that from a commercial and maintainance point of view, but seriously Adobe this is a massive pain for those of us who don't WANT to upgrade the software immediately.  Dependencies have financial implications.

Does anyone know how I can install a previous version of Media Encoder that will be compatible, or have I just cost myself money without reason for just pressing "Upgrade"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having all sorts of trouble with this.  I tried all the things i read here and elsewhere.  I didnt come across this else where but it seems to have worked for me for the last 24 hours of bashing out dozens of mp4's.

I cleaned the Media Cache Data base from withen the preference panel of AME and so far so good.
Preferences > Media > Media Cache Database > CLEAN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you so much!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2 important things to understand to solve this issue -
1. Every version of After Effects has it's own verson of Media Encoder and will only work with each other.
2. After Effects is parent to Media Encoder, meaning updating/installing Ae before updating/installing ME is crucial for the correct dynamic linking

Solution -

a. Uninstall both
b. Install After Effects first
c. Install Media Encoder
d. Open your After Effects project and add to Media Encoder Queue, this will create your first dynamic link.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the solution. The problem is that ADOBE ME has been updated to the latest version and After Effects or Premiere has not been updated to that same version. The solution is to go to the Adobe CC app. Intall the latest version of either Ae or Pr depending on what you are working, Lounch it and migrate your settings when prompted. Media encoder will work just fine. You can then unintsall the older version of Ae or Pr on your computer to save space. This is a simple solution that the genuises at abobe can't be bothered to figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines