• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 14.5 very slow

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I've updated to media encoder 14.5 from 14.4 yesterday and experienced frustratingly long rendering times (6-7 times longer than usual) that forced me to downgrade back to 14.4. I am using YT 1080p settings with max render quality on CUDA renderer. Am I the only one or is this a bug?

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone - I also had to revert 14.4. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone! This is a very big issue which also affects Premiere 14.5. I also had to revert to Media Encoder 14.4 and every render I've been doing directly in Premiere is queued and exported to Media Encoder 14.4 because Premiere 14.5 is having exactly the same issue. But I am not reverting to Premiere 14.4 because I think this last version is more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - AME is either incredibly slow or just freezes.  2 week old Windows 10 / 3950X / 2070 Super and running M2 and SATA SSD's.  I've had to revert to rendering 422's out of After Effects directly.  I haven't had a succesful render from AME since the update.  That's with GPU acceleration both on and off.  Reverting to 14.4 as soon as AE finishes its current queue. And yes - latest nVidia drivers (456.71) and Windows updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, even revert to 14.4. not help... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.5 is virtually unusable with this issue at the moment because of this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really glad to see that I'm not alone here.  Hope this gets resolved soon, it's seriously affected my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wasted 14 hours today in what would usually take me 30 minutes because of this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, reverting to 14.4 and making sure my graphics drivers were updated solved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issues here, Media Encoder 1.4.6 is unbelievable slow. 

My System: 
RTX 2080 Super
32 GB DDR 4 
Ryzen 3900x

Cpu usage during proxy rendering via media encoder : max 9 percent
GPU usage during proxy rendering vie media encoder: lower than 5 percent.
Ram usage: 12 GB

I am now downgrading it again, since I have wasted basically the whole of last week letting it run and trying to finish the proxy rendering 24/7....

Cant believe how somehting like this goes through their development testing. 
This is slowly getting ridiculous. You can literally never update to the newest Versions because they always seem to be too buggy to use. And that says something about the development process I think, when there are so many people paying for the software.... And the render engine is a pretty important part of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, downgrading to 14.4 fixed it for me!

Rendertimes for 1x 3 hour mp4 HD video went from taking 14 hours!!! down to 15 minutes.

Source File:
Mp4 1280x720 60p 
Proxy Setting: 
Quicktime mov Cineform 640x360 23.976p Quality 1 with Watermark picture 

For understanding: 
Editing Twitch Vods, so long videos with 5500 bitrate mp4 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add Pc usage after downgrading to 14.4:

CPU up to 50%
GPU up to 20%
Memory up to 6 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry BTG,

What kind of CPU are you running? Make sure you meet system requirements so that the latest Intel drivers are functioning for Quick Sync support. If you are not meeting system requirements, the newest Intel drivers do not support CPUs not meeting minimum system requirements. You probably need to roll back drivers and the Premiere Pro version to an earlier one to get the faster encoding you'd expect.

For AMD CPU users, you should be running the current version so that you can get GPU hardware acceleration. If this is not working as expected, let the devs know on User Voice by filing a bug.

Hope that helps. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin and thank you for replying on this topic. 

I am one of many users who is suffering this issue. There are similar threads about this also for Premiere.

I realised both applications are affected by this issue because they both share the rendering system. And this is happenning from 14.4 to beyond. 

The latest stable rendering version, both for Premiere and Media Encoder, is 14.3.2.

I can check that my specs are fine if I just go back to 14.3.2. This is also happening to me on my Intel PC. I have 2 computers connected to each other for working and creating content:

- One is AMD 3950X, 16gb DD4 3600mhz, RTX 2080 Super (this is my main one because it has twice as many cores, and this is the one in which I edit).
- Another is Intel i9-9900K, 16gb DDR 3600Mhz, RTX 2080Ti (I skip QuickSync)

They both behave the same in Premiere.

But it is not optimal using Premiere and Media Encoder 14.3.2 in order to solve bugs such as zooming out on a clip of more than 3 hours and the program crashing while using proxies.

This is a software problem, with which I can check how if I render by CUDA it uses less than 20% GPU and also uses CPU, and this doesn't make sense. In previous versions (up to 14.3.2) it works correctly and the render times are correct.

What I do is editing on 14.8 but rendering on Media Encoder 14.3.2, because both Premiere and Media Encoder's engine are the same, Adobe changed their engine from 14.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information regarding downgrading to 14.3.2 - that fixed my render time issues too.

All the latest versions have either not worked at all, eg the render just freezing or it has been extremely slow. A regular 10 minute video taking upward of 40 minutes to render. I couldn't figure out why, I hadn't changed anything.

Since downgrading to 14.3.2 the render times have gone back to usual, that same 10 minute video now takes 4 minutes to render.

I have no idea what is up with Adobe, but the last year or so has just been full of so many issues making day to day really unpleasant. For a professional piece of software, it seems incredibly unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I had auto updated for Media Encoder specifically turned off, however, it decided to update to 15.0 - which has the exact same problem. Super slow to render, gets slower the longer the render goes on.

I also no longer have the option to downgrade to 14.3.2, only 14.9. 

Any ideas? This is incredibly frustrating - at this point it may be time to just jump ship and use software that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I gave up after 9 (NINE) years of working with Premiere and have purchased a Davinci Resolve Studio license. I don't go back to this ecosystem anymore. I admit that I have installed the latest version like you, also for Media Encoder, and the export performance is a shame.

My advice to you is to make the effort to learn a new interface like Resolve, trust me it's the future. If they continue to pay no attention to performance and professionals, Adobe has a bad future. Try Resovle you won't regret it. It doesn't crash, the render is even better and faster than when I was using 14.3.2 and you have a "Media encoder" inside the program.

I am more than glad now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines