Exit

Media Encoder 2019 won't connect to Dynamic Link

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Problem

After upgrading to the 2019 version of After Effects (16.0.0 Build 235) and the 2019 version of Media Encoder (13.0 build 203) I am not able to render my footage in Media Encoder. It won't connect to the Dynamic Link Server.
I am able to drag and drop my composition from AE to AME. But when I try to render the composition it gets stuck on 'connecting to the Dynamic Link server'.

My system
MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.6
Processor: 2,7 GHZ Intel Core i5
Memory: 16GB
Videocard: Intel Iris Pro 1536MB

Extra info

It all worked when i was using AME version 12.1.2 and AE version 15.1.2

What I have tried
- I tried this solution AME cannot connect to Dynamic Link Server
(I looked into this further and find out this problem happens when the following conditions are both met.

AE Preferences > General > "Show Start Screen at Startup" is disabled

AE Preferences > New Project > "New Project loads template" is enabled) <- which didn't work for me.

- I tried to install the previous version (12.1.2). I was able to render footage, but wasn't able to drag and drop my AE composition in AME.
- I tried to reinstall AE and AME.
- I tried to reset my AE preferences.
- I checked my Dynamic Link connection in After Effects and Premiere Pro.

Anybody else got this issue? Really appreciate the help!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Allright, this is strange. It is fixed!

What I did:
I followed the steps you send me and updated Premiere Pro to version 13.0.1. I then tried to import an After Effects composition in Premiere pro (File -> Import). Then after 20 seconds, it connected to the dynamic link server.
I opened AME and queued a composition in After Effects, and it started working again!

Thanks for all the help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new user in your system, switch to that new user and run AE, does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MMeguro,

Thanks for your answer, I tried your solution but the problem is still there It is still trying to connect to the Dynamic Link server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of dragging your comp to AME, have you tried Files > Export > "Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue"?

And the following are some other things you may want to try.

- In AE's Help menu > Sign Out.  Then, from Creative Cloud desktop app, log back in.

- After rebooting the system, hold shift key down and launch AME first (this uses dynamiclinkmanager from AME and clears its prefs)

- Instead of using Files > Export > "Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue", try "Add to Render Queue", then click "Queue to AME"

If any of those helps, you may want to try

User and license information issues | CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MMeguro,

Thanks for the solutions. However they didn't work on my mac I tried everything you said, but it still give me the 'Connecting to Dynamic Link-server' screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me some more detail?  I hope it gives me some kind of clue.

- Does this happen even with a very simple composition such as only a slid layer placed in timeline?

- Where is your AE and AME install location?  Default "Applications" folder or somewhere else?

- What is your OS version and language?

- Is AE and AME set to the same language as OS?

- What are other Adobe apps installed?

- Can you import AE comp in PPro?

- Could you turn off the "Import sequences natively" option in AME preferences > General.  Can you queue from PPro to AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be caused by mismatch languages between OS and AE/AME.   If they are not currently matching, could you try switching OS language to the language set for AE/AME to see if this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright, this is strange. It is fixed!

What I did:
I followed the steps you send me and updated Premiere Pro to version 13.0.1. I then tried to import an After Effects composition in Premiere pro (File -> Import). Then after 20 seconds, it connected to the dynamic link server.
I opened AME and queued a composition in After Effects, and it started working again!

Thanks for all the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Have the latest versions of AME, AE and Premiere

AE 16.0.0 (build 235)
AME 13.0 (build 203)

My experiences so far.

-Dragging comp to AME works sometimes, but then gets stuck when connecting to dynamic link link server.
-Directly after restart of computer it sometimes will work to transfer fra AE til AME, but the AME is then "not responding".
-Ive tried different comps, projects and settings but it doesnt seem to make a difference.
-Converting files does work in AME.
-Dynamic link from Premiere til After Effects does work.

I have also tried going back to AME cc 12.1.2, but this didnt change anything.

Frustrating..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, working with AE 2020 & AME 2020. Sucks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work around for Mac to try:

1. Quit the Media Encoder application.
  2. Open the Mac's Activity Monitor application.
  3. Find and force quit the AdobeIPCBroker process.
  4. Restart the Media Encoder from After Effects by using the Composition -> Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue.

Result: should start working again.

The IPC broker (Inter-Process Communication) seems to get in a confused state if you quit the Media Encoder while After Effects is still running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue and fixing it has been a real pain. Reinstalled everything and rebooted, media encoder rendered two total comps and then when i reload it again it stopped working and stopped connecting all over. My work is stuck in this log jam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This actually worked for me! Hopefully this solves it for good. 

Thank you! I was going crazy over here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like sometimes it works, and sometimes it wont. I have had that problem some days/weeks ago but thought it might be connected to failed payment, when i forgot to add funds to my credit card. After i fixed the payment problem it was gone and was working properly again. Now few days later it wont connect again...

edit: oh and now it works again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to comment that this solution STILL WORKS for AE 16.1.3 Build 5 with AME 13.1.5 Build 35 and Pr 13.1.5 (on a Mid-2012 Retina MBP running OS High Sierra 10.13.6). In my case, everything was updated to the latest version, so opening Premier, importing an AE composition, then rendering in AME solved my “Dynamic Link Server” hang. THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy, this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines