• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2022 has me losing clients in 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished finished editing a complicated project in Premiere Pro. Took three days. The client this is for loves my work. The subject is for a product launch,...TOMORROW MORNING.

I followed the same step as I always do, first error was that Media Encoder wasn't installed. ('Nonsense!' I said, 'I used it this morning.') But it was gone, for sure. Media Encoder 2022 was in my CC account page, waiting to be installed, so I loaded it. 

And now,...no export of any kind, to Media Encoder or directly to my computer seems to be possible. Closed the project and PP, restarted a few times,...nothing. 

I have a lot on the line here. What's going on? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use After Effects to do projection mapping shows. I have multiple
comps in each project, including comps inside of other comps, and this
has worked for me. Now that said, the max comps I've had in a project so
far has been around 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Made a simple 5-second animation in AE 2021 a couple weeks ago. I'm updated to ME and AE 2022 now. My 5 second animation is stuck on "Reading XMP" in ME. 

If I stop it, I'm unable to re-add it to ME until I quit and re-open ME, but it still won't render.

PLEASE HELP THIS IS INSANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I even exported the video in AE (that was fine) and dropped the file into AME 22. Still stuck loading. The reason why I initially updated was because AME 2021 wasn't working for me either so I figured "oh let me go ahead and update everything" bad idea. Very bad idea. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unacceptable!

I'm running AE 2022 and AME 2022 and

AME is either not even receiving projects from AE or

is stuck endlessly on “Reading XMP…”.

This is the most fundamental feature,

being able to export projects directly via the AE to AME link.

The only workaround is to export an image sequence or lossless file from AE's render queue and
then drop it into AME or even better into Handbrake, because f… AME with its h.264 gamma shift. 

Again, unacceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Upgrading softwares for adobe is like playing russian roulette. Pray that it works or this will kill your job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely correct. There is a work around I keep trying to share (but
I can only do so much lol)...

WITH AME CLOSED - Send your project to the render queue. Make sure the
output file is set. Click the NEW button, all the way to the right, that
says to send it to AME. Let AME open and then begin the render. This
work around has worked sucessfully for me 100% of the time since the
issue began. Pass it on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround for people looking for MP4s from AE....

- Bypass AME completely and render an MOV in AE.

- Then convert the MOV > MP4 with https://www.adobe.com/express/feature/video/convert/mov-to-mp4

I'm sure there are other converters, but if you want something quick without downloading another program, this could help. Hope this helps others until Adobe figures out this mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can drop that MOV into AME and convert it to an MP4

what is broken is the XMP connection slash AE server function between AE and AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, most peopel have to deal with confidential projects and content,

so using web-based services like this is usually not an option

but thanks for the tip anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea thanks, I am so frustrated with AME that I didn't want to deal with it at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a work around I keep trying to share (but there are LOTS of replies to try to catch lol)...

WITH AME CLOSED - Send your project to the render queue. Make sure the output file is set. Click the NEW button, all the way to the right, that says to send it to AME. Let AME open and then begin the render. This work around has worked sucessfully for me 100% of the time since the issue began. Pass it on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, but it doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me either, but I'm glad you've found a workaround too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also installed the 2021 version of ME alongside the new, broken 2022 version. The workflow isn't perfect, but at least now I can convert MOV files out of AE. I haven't tried this with PR yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is a Premier Pro thing. I am using successfully Microsoft Expression Encoder to create a .wmv file and then encode it to a mp4 file, using Adobe Media Coder 2022. Which I have allways been able to do in the past, but can't seem to get the Adobe Media Coder to run now. The minute I hit that green arrow to starte the encoding process I get the following  error message 

------------------------------------------------------------
- Encoding Time: 00:00:01
11/03/2021 11:35:26 AM : Encoding Failed
------------------------------------------------------------
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\C:\Users\Amy\Documents\Expression\Expression Encoder\Output\phpConnect\DESKTOP-NOAFD3N 11-3-2021 7.56.52 AM\mario1.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:00:00:02 - 00:00:00:08
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, after restarting system i was able to render only one queue, after that the render froze at the beginning, and after stop it it doesen´t start render at all. The fastest solution was to restart the system over and over again. Downgraded to older version works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Always get a completely useless error messages. Why am I not surprised... the usual adobe quality here completely overprized...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder can't export mp4 file. 

I'm frustrated knowing I can't downgrade my project files unless using 3rd party app.

Error code looks like this

내보내기 오류
동영상 컴파일 오류입니다.

내보내기 오류

렌더를 완료하는 중에 오류가 발생했습니다.

내보내기 도구로 쓰는 중: H.264
파일에 쓰는 중: \\?\C:\Users\--I hid this part---.mp4
파일 유형을 쓰는 중: H264
시간 코드 주변: 00;00;00;01 - 00;00;18;28
구성 요소: H.264 유형 내보내기 도구
선택기: 9
오류 코드: 3

I don't know why Adobe Cloud always download Media Encoder in Korean(Other apps downloaded in English)

but the error's something about compiling error.

My workaround is export to .mov with quicktime and convert them on here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi y'all, I'm having the same problem. AME has always been a terrible piece of sh*t, but it's now worse than. ever. Thanks Adobe. For all of you who really need a fallback / alternative to export MP4's and are willing to pay for it, there is https://www.autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/ 
For a 100 bucks per program (or €220 for full suite) you will never have to fear that retched AME again! Oh and apparently it's faster and makes lighter files too. (https://mrnoob.net/how-to-export-after-effects-to-mp4-h264/)

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a problem rendering an Adobe Animate video. I installed an older version of Media Encoder and deleted the new one. Hey Presto! It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im triyng to be correct but im so nervous!!!

Im spend all the week in a project of AE and ME didnt works?

Im paiyng a lot of money!!!!

And didnt works?

WTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to render a file from After Effects but when I sent it to Media Encoder it didn't appear. Or if it appeared and I tried to change the settings and start the rendering it didn't work. One thing that worked was exporting my file directly from AE to a .mov and then adding the mov. to ME and exporting it as .mp4.

Now I have uninstalled the latest versions of AE and ME and installed the previous ones and I can export normally. But you have to do it with both apps, if you only do it with ME it doesn't work.

I hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I'm clicking Create Proxy in Premiere Pro, and Media Encoder fires up, but it does nothing, so my proxy workflow isn't working.

I did a full wipe using the cc clean tool , uninstalled everything, then reinstalled 2022 (I note now I can't go back to old versions) and it's still not working.

Two hours of a sunday night destroyed trying to get this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...well, after trying to get the latest media encoder, I logged out and logged back into creative cloud app.

No update for media encoder, but my "install previous verisons" options reappared. Went back a version on both apps and it's all working fine.

Seriously Adobe, I turst you're dishing out some credits for this; hours I've spent resovling this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines