• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2022 not working

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it amuses me how we have managed as a human species to get to space... but software updates break it all. 
Media encoder is struggling with 40% of my renders, I have noticed that it struggles more when I assign it a new folder location, but if I render within the default folder is usually does the job. It might be completely unrelated.... but given that these mistakes can happen anytime, it would be amazing if AE could come with it's own way to render at least a simple mp4.  

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the issue here. Stilll now no solutions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out yesterday, that some of Apple's OS security features breaks the links between AE, AME and Premiere, particularly for Dynamic Links and tasks like queuing projects for rendering in AME.

Here's something for you to try, this has worked for me and others....

Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab

Scroll down to a folder called "Full Disk Access" > Click the padlock and enter your user password

Now use the "+" button to add AE / AME / Premiere Pro to this list.

Do the same to the folder called "Files and Folders"

After this restart your Mac and **it should** be working fine, connections will work etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying but I am a Windows user. So I guess if I am also struggling it means Adobe really messed up with the update, in more than one way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do a similar check on a PC?

On the Mac you have to manually grant AE and AME full disk access to allow them to talk for the dynamic links and rendering to work. It's not something I have encountered before, but I think Apple's OS security updates are now much stricter. From an Adobe perspective, they could correct this and include the permission checks during installation of updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!

Thanks jamesb58502259!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!! Thank you!!

Adobe, fix this thing!!! the users shoulden't have to spend half a day looking into forums trying to solve this kid of stuff...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did not work for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically it's Apple's super-secure approach that is causing the issues, although Adobe could configure their installers to activate these functions when running updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, not really. I am a Windows user and I am experiencing the same issue. The only thing that helped was running the older version. So Apple is not to blame here, its Adobe (ehm once again). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey what version did u run im having the same problem now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines