Participant ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.10.3

Mac Pro 2013 2.7Ghz 12 core

64GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Ive tried the following with Red Raw, Pro Res and  .mp4 footage.  If I add a Lumetri Color effect to a clip or adjustment layer and queue the timeline to Media encoder, no color effects show up on the final compressed file. The only way to get the color effect to show up is to bypass media compressor entirely and export directly from Premiere which stops me from working in Premiere. This is one of many issues I have had with this VERY buggy release. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

This is fixed in the Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015 (9.0.1) update:

http://adobe.ly/DVA_updates

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

here's the workaround:

In Media Encoder Preferences > General > Premiere Pro > Uncheck "Import sequences natively"

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 124 Replies 124
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could have been the LUT I created with SG that is causing the problem? I have upload it to google, please take a look?

A7s2_1DX2@cw.zip - Google Drive

DVX200_1DX2-@cw.zip - Google Drive

These were created on 19 June

I was using the exactly the same workflow(PR->SG( create LUT)--PR(apply as input lut adjustment layer/on clip) ->AME    on 14 April 2016 and I did not notice any error. Hardware is New MACPRO 6core (with full MAX upgrade options)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latching on.  I've actually never run into this issue because I typically don't find the LUTs useful.  I used one though on something that I wanted to look way too heavy handed, and lo and behold I get nothing on the export.  Have tried everything in this thread, I'm still not getting anything.  I'm actually getting A TINY BIT of LUT because when I move the sliders around my exports look different, but they're not outputting anything like what I'm seeing in Premiere.  I'm also not getting what I'm seeing with a Premiere export either.  And we're also saying Premiere 2015.3 hasn't fixed anything?  Wow.  Thank god I'm paying all this money to rent software with major features that don't even work.  That whole thing where Adobe said the subscription model would allow them to work on bugs more sure hasn't panned out has it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth... I finally found this thread after pulling my hair out when none of the LUTs applied were visible on export no matter the format.  Turns out the simple fix was to copy/paste same LUTs into Media Encoder/After Effects folders.  I should've known better... after all I used some LUT from DELUTS and the create specifically instructed to have those copied across all apps you send your files to.

Anyway, worked for me.  I'm working on the late 2013 MB Pro with latest Adobe CC as of today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's not working for some of us.  I'm on 2015.3 now, and nothing has changed.  I'm getting different looks than what I see in the program window.  To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm seeing.  The exports don't seem to be be "dry", they've got something applied, but it's not what I'm seeing within Premiere by any means.  I've tried using the Effects added on the export, I've tried export from Premiere, Export from AME, moving things around in the myriad of folders Adobe sprays all over, and I'm getting different results all over the place but never what I have inside PP.  Not sure what to try or where I'm even at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated, now to Premiere 2017 and I still lose my LUT with Media Encoder.  It works just fine exporting out of Premiere.  This is a major oversight on Adobe's part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the fix for this in CC 2017 is to also copy across the Lumetric>LUTs>Technical folder from Premiere to Media Encoder. As well as the Looks folder mentioned on page 1 of this thread.

This worked for me at least anyway. Running Windows 10 and Adobe CC 2017.

Hope that helps people out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copied custom luts to Premiere->Contents->Lumetri->LUTs you have to do the same for Media encoder... it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after 5 hrs "on the web", I might have a solution which is not really a solution but a fact. Have any of you tried uploading your videos on youtube or watching when on other pc's?

In my case, it's the graphics card (I have Intel 530) and when uploading to youtube the video has all the color corrections/adjustments it had in Premiere. Don't really know what to do tho.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videography/comments/3bu5f5/export_options_in_adobe_premiere_for_color_grad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this issue when exporting sequences from Premiere to Media Encoder. LUTs applied using the Lumetri effect panel were not rendering in AME. And even worse, sometimes AME could not find a LUT and substituted one of the preloaded LUTs. As suggested in this thread, ensuring that Premiere and AME both have the same LUTs stored in the App folders does solve the issue. But if you move the project to another machine, the problem is back. The "problem" is that many of us are used to working in Davinci Resolve where you load LUTs into a designated app folder. Adobe Premiere technically does not support adding to the  LUTs that come preloaded in the Premirer/Content/Lumetri/LUTs folder. The "fix" is to simply load your LUTs differently. In the Lumetri color panel, load LUTs and Looks by selecting Custom or Browse in the pulldown menu and navigate to where you have the LUT saved. If you work with multiple editors or move the projects, the path to the LUT has to remain the same. Most DPs save LUTs in a folder along side their footage. Yes, it's a drag if you use the same LUTs all the time. But I'm in the habit of coping LUTs into the project folders, if the DP or colorist hasn't already done so, and simply loading them when needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had very much the same issue. It turned out that in Media Encoder is was using Apple's Metal GPU engine and not OpenCL. Switching to OpenCL rendered the video with LUT on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow it has been 3 f****** years since the problem was reported in this post....and STILL the LUTs are not applied in Media Encoder if put on a adjustment layer.... ADOBE WHAT THE HELL?? If we have large volume of small videos to export daily, what do we do??? We stay next to our computer because we have to manually export each of the videos using Premiere (which by the way stops us of working on other videos while exporting) ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the recent update to Premiere Pro/Media Encoder I'm having this issue again. I tried putting the AME LUTs I regularly use in the same folder structure as I have them in Premiere, but it's not working.

Has anyone solved this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this.

Adobe Premiere technically does not support adding to the  LUTs that come preloaded in the Premirer/Content/Lumetri/LUTs folder.The "fix" is to simply load your LUTs differently. Save your LUTs in a folder next to your footage. In the Lumetri color panel, load LUTs and Looks by selecting Custom or Browse in the pulldown menu and navigate to where you saved the LUTs.  Now export in Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have this exact issue and it's incredibly frustrating. If I export using 'queue' and sending to AME, all colour grading (using Lumetri) doesn't work. If I do it through Premiere Pro, then it works fine. This is 28th June 2017.

This issue only started happening in the latest update to CC.

UPDATE:

After trying the options on this forum, this is what I found:

1. Copying LUTs over to AME folder did nothing in my case. Problem still there.

2. Going to AME preferences and turning OFF "import sequences natively" seems to have done the trick. For now. Sequences are exporting to AME and carrying over LUT/Lumetri information.

Mac OSX 10.12.5

Mac Pro 2013 Quad-core Intel Xeon E5

64GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD Firepro D300 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same issue. It's July of 2017. Why is this still broken after 2 years? Why am I paying monthly for this?

Windows 10 x64

CC 2017

64 GB of RAM

Intel Core i7-3930

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vignette in Lumetri is not exporting.  If I park on the image, I can see it, but it does not export, even if I export via Premiere.

Strange as Adobe is usually more responsive for an issue that has been going on for 3 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STOP saving LUTs in the Premirer/Content/Lumetri/LUTs folder as suggested here and elsewhere on the internet! That's for Premiere's pre-installed LUTs ONLY. Save LUTs anywhere else. Then, load LUTs in the Lumetri color panel by selecting Custom or Browse in the pulldown menu. If you are having issues exporting in Media encoder, copy your LUTs into a folder next to your media, step back into Premiere and reload ALL LUTs in the sequence. Media Encoder is loosing the path to your LUTs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also with Premiere CC 2017 (latest version) the problem continues. All proposed solutions can only be short-term solutions. It's a BUG and that since 2015!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's incredibly frustrating. I have this exact issue since the last update again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this same issue in Media Encoder v 2017.1.2

I have an adjustment layer with a Lumetri preset over some Arri Alexa 2k footage. When I export with Media Encoder, it ignores the Lumetri preset on the Adjustment layer.

When I export from Premiere, it uses the Adjustment Layer and the look is applied.

Can't believe this is still an issue! Makes Media Encoder virtually useless for my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A problem still arises. if you add any effect to the master clip it will not render out in media encoder. only exported in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed three years later, same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's the workaround:

In Media Encoder Preferences > General > Premiere Pro > Uncheck "Import sequences natively"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot, ur solution works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you this seems to be the solution!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines