• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC 2018 Very Slow

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since upgrading to Media Encoder CC 2018 a few days ago. Previously my 10 to 20 second videos were rendering in no time. Now the exact same videos are taking ages to render or not rendering at all.

For me the main issue is that they take 5 minutes to begin rendering, and I frequently get 'Cannot read from source' errors, or Media Encoder just hangs. Prior to updating the software I had no issues.

Software only or GPU Acceleration makes no difference.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018
Comps created in After Effects CC 2018, which I updated at the same time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this issue. Latest Media Encoder Updates have turned encoding into a 7-16 hour deal.

Even 30 second clips can take 5-9 minutes.

I don't need to need to update any drivers, my rig is built with 64GB Ram and 32 2.9GHz Xeon Cores. Encoding SHOULD be fast.

I do edit 4k H264 files with proxies. Only the encoding the process has slowed.

There is something wrong with Media Encoder. A setting is wrong or Adobe has fouled up something to do with H264 files. I have tried the trick unchecking the box Import Sequesnces Native to see if that helps. I also see that some have good luck with a reboot and the first encode doing fine. I will test that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that issue too. I encode h.264 files which took about 30 min with media encode cc 2017 now take around 2 hours to get done. pls fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a fix. After months of investigation and literally NO help from Adobe, I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klV_OgFiX-A

http://www.focuspulling.com/cc2018/

Just follow the instructions and check if you have compatible Hardware. It fixed my issue completely.

Render time on a 2hour 55 minute timeline went from 3h20min to 1h40min rendering time.

On a mac Hardware acceleration should work out of the box, since its build into the os, I believe.

Best

Hendrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We should NOT have to go through such processes.

I have been using premiere for years mainly because of the lightning fast encodes because I create many different output file versions.

I wish I never updated!

Editing/encoding is via my nvidia gtx970.

30 minute edits were encoded to various mp4 formats in around  10 minutes. Now the same takes upto 2 hours!!!

I cannot carry on like this, I will never complete my workload at this rate!

I also have a powerful laptop with dual gtx 980s.

Exactly the same problem, clips are now taking OVER 10 times longer to encode!!! All since updating a few days ago.

Since I have done nothing else to either machine, made no changes whatsoever, it is ridiculous for adobe to think that this issue does not exist due to their latest updates.

To start mucking around with bios and other settings is not the answer, especially for just 2 times increase? Using my nvidia gpu, it was upto 10 times faster than cpu (which is also no slouch latest i7)

I have a load of files to encode to mp4, something which I could complete within the day ... I have absolutely NO chance of fulfilling my requirements now thanks to this useless update.

Can anybody recommend any other fast encoders that use GPU ??

If this doesn't get sorted soon I may as well cancel my subscription (and I know a few other developers in the same situation, so it is not just my imagination

cheers

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue...

But I don't think it's with the Encoder solely.  I have a 4k project that is 25 min and it was taking 17 hours to render until I removed the Red Giant effects from my footage. Now it's taking 2.5 hours to render. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines