Exit

Media Encoder CC not starting

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows7 64 bit

Media Encoder CC (7.0.1)

AME worked a while. I exported a couple of jobs to it's queue. All good. Tried to cancel the jobs and it seemed to hang. Had to kill the application from task manager.

Since then AME will not run. It crashes on startup. No splash screen.. nothing. Appears briefly in task manager then dissapears.

I have deleted all files from C:\Users\login\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\7.0

Have reinstalled PremierProCC after uninstalling and using the cleanup tool.

Still no luck. Is there a queue file anywhere that should be deleted?  A registry entry maybe?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

AME has self-cleaning feature (like your oven 🙂 .

Hold the shift key as you launch AME CC and AME should remove and reset all the settings.

Make it look like the first launch.

Hope that works. 

Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

A MUCH SIMPLER SOLUTION: Open the file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\X19zbGNfZmVhdHVyZXNfXw==.slc) in any text editor, delete all of the contents, save it, and set the file to read-only. You'll never have to delete it again and you won't need to mess with all of this batch file, load-order stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this: A MUCH SIMPLER SOLUTION: Open the file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\X19zbGNfZmVhdHVyZXNfXw==.slc) in any text editor, delete all of the contents, save it, and set the file to read-only. You'll never have to delete it again and you won't need to mess with all of this batch file, load-order stuff.

Now After Effects WONT OPEN!, I did exactly as said. I opened the specified document above in text edit, deleted the contents and changes it to read only. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling AE and Adobe Media Encoder, still AE will not open. I goes past the load screen and as Soon as I click "OK for my video card warning" AE disappears.

PLEASE HELP!!! I have a project due and this can not be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the file mentioned above back to "read write" and AE launches now. However MEDIA ENCODER Still is not showing anything when I select Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder..

Media Encoder just says "Not Currently Encoding" I've tried to Add Source & Add composition and NOTHING loads...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all-- also had this stressful situation—it was remedied by clicking on "window" in the AME menu and making sure "Queue" is selected. Not sure how it deselected itself, but t'was a great relief to discover a simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared the text, made it read only, then i denied everyone all permissions for the file and that fixed it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imo, that is the permanent workaround, because if AME has access to this file, it will be overwritten and AME won't start next time.

Cleary, this is a very easy to reproduce bug. Hard to know why Adobe didn't fix it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

What happens when you try to launch AME?

What GPU do you have in your Mac Pro?

What have you and tech support tried to do to resolve it?

Has it worked before 2015.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launched fine. Green arrow to render did not work at all. Called tech support, the fixed it, made a new alias but then  preimier broke. They fixed that today by clearing out all video caches and other files.

video would not play.

Everything worked fine in .2 - sounds like a lot of bugs .3-.4

up and running now. May not update the other 2 computers for awhile  

Running a new 980ti card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, Try this ( It worked for me)

Solution #3 (as Roberts Štālbergs suggested) [actually very different issue but same symptoms]

1. Go to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS6" and delete the "amtlib.dll" file [directory may vary depending on what version of Encoder and Windows you have]

2. Go to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6", copy the file "amtlib.dll" and paste in the directory from step 1 (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS6). [directory may vary depending on what version of Premiere and Windows you have]

Pdt: If don`t Have Premiere, use the same File of other Adobe programm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way and made a video for it HERE. Full solution, no BAT file, permanent, no extra steps. Should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a bat file with del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\X19zbGNfZmVhdHVyZXNfXw==.slc" in it and save it. Before running AME just run the .bat and it'll work.

I tried the "read only" thing but it doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where i can find this file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QUES : THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY (0XC000007B)

ANS :Copy all files from this path and paste it on to [ C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC] this path.

This is working for me, try this also maybe help you to recover from the problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really Helpful.

I tried this but it asks me to do this everytime.

So I automated the process by writing a script.

Here:

Media Encoder CC not starting | EXITMedia - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a similar problem and decided to downgrade to previous version. It works as a temporary fix until the next update is released that maybe addresses some issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines