Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder giving me half resolutions

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Got a question about the After Effects - Media Encoder workflow. Whenever I send a comp from After Effects to Media Encoder I always have to double check the downsample setting. Is there a way to get Media Encoder to render comps on full resolution by default?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Marten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

there is a bug in the current version. information about it here: Known issues in After Effects CC 2017

Yes, that is exactly what I doing. I send my composition from AE to AME with Ctrl+Alt+M shortcut.

it's not Exactly what I suggested. which is this:

you can use the handy "Queue in AME" and avoid this problem:

After Effects CC 2015.3 In-Depth: Queue in Adobe Media Encoder | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

to use Queue in AME send your composition to the render queue and use the glorious button called

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MartenK112,

Change the AfterEffects composition panel resolution to full & then export to Media Encoder.

3.JPG

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem along with presets from previous versions that crash AME, and just random crashes all over the place. AME 2017 is one big mess and almost unworkable in a professional environment. I'm back to rendering in AE, wish is just ridiculous. AME needs an update fast!

Cheers,

Auke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

Thats what bothers me. If I render a comp in After Effects it doenst matter what downsampling is used, it always gets the full resolution for rendering (because of the templates). But it doenst use these templates in Media encoder.

So I often end up with half res renders because I forgot to turn downsampling to full.

I think the templates should also be used when sending comps to media encoder.

Regards,

Marten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It was everything OK in previous version, but now I must to remeber to turn "Full resolution" in composition panel, it is very annoying. 😞 I want to render my composition in full resolution by default! Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects CC 2015.3 In-Depth: Queue in Adobe Media Encoder | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is exactly what I doing. I send my composition from AE to AME with Ctrl+Alt+M shortcut. And AE sends to AME information about preview render settings:

I don't want it. In previous versions of AE composition was sent in full resolution by default. How I can bring it back? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a bug in the current version. information about it here: Known issues in After Effects CC 2017

Yes, that is exactly what I doing. I send my composition from AE to AME with Ctrl+Alt+M shortcut.

it's not Exactly what I suggested. which is this:

to use Queue in AME send your composition to the render queue and use the glorious button called "Queue in AME"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry. I can see now.   But, anyway, this solution require more actions from me to render compositions than usual. Hope Adobe will fix it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this should be fixes ASAP. but know that there are advantages to using Queue in AME that are well worth an extra step that takes a second. a shortcut for Queue in AME is definitely in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be an option in Media encoder that forces it to render it in full resolution, I have had instances where I noticed this too late and the animation was already running on digital signage screen in low resolution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can someone please make an update that fixes this.... So many of my renders have come out half rez or quarter rez and it's really annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines