• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Horribly Slow

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the worst experience with AME. Its a 16 second video, that I am already 11 minutes into encoding and I'm not even 20% finished with it... On a 16 second video!!!

There is no way that AME should ever take this long for a 16 second video. I've also had my software crash twice on me, and Pr isn't doing any better. I'm using a MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro, 16GB Ram, and I'm using version 23.0.1 for AME and 23.0.0 for Pr.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I will post a screen shot below...

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Hi EckiAME,

I'm back in office, and I believe I discovered the issue. My project was only full hd (1920 x 1080) but my full res images were 49MP (8256 x 5504). It seems that the large photos is what caused the crashing (I also sent a crash report to Adobe). Once I resized my photos down to 1920 x 1080, it exported within 30 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Haven´t seen a solution yet. ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry that you experience this. Can you share your OS version, your QuickTime custom settings and the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what happens to me: I finish the After Effects project (CC 2023 / Windows 11) and export the composition to AME. The render process starts and stops randomly at various times. Sometimes the process freezes at frame 622 of 6772, sometimes at 1215, sometimes at 6700. The render process takes about 2 hours. If it crashes at the end it is very annoying.

As render setting I use H264 (Best quality / follows the composition defaults / 1920x1080px)

The computer I use is a real powerhouse:
- best graphics card on the market
- 64 GB Ram
- Windows 11 with 24 processors

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wa cannot reproduce this without media. Would you be able to share files with us that illustrate the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

unfortunately I cannot share the media, because it shows sensitive data of our customer. I am currently using the render process directly from AE. This error does not happen there. I would first suggest that I screenshot the process during the next rendering. Maybe there was a software or hardware problem that day.

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

best graphics card on the market

That is no usefull info @Wolfgang272755383lc2 . Please state make and model and the driver you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joost,

as requested 🙂

The system indictes: "This is the latest graphics card driver"

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti

Driver: 31.0.15.1694

Prozessor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz

Ram: 64,0 GB

Edition: Windows 11 Pro

System: 64 Bit

I am using Adobe After Effects 2023 and Adobe Media Encoder 2023.

The problem: when I complete a composite in After Effects and send it to Adobe Media Encoder for rendering, there is no reliable guarantee that the rendering process will actually be completed. In 5 out of the last 5 attempts, they all stopped (froze) somewhere in between. Once the computer even simply shut down. It was probably a problem that I still had InDesign, Photoshop, Outlook and an internet browser open at the same time while rendering...

Wolfgang

Have a nice weekend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share media for reproducing the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EckiAME,

I'm using the Macbook Pro 16in, M1 Pro, 16Gb ram... Version Ventura 13.0...  These are the quicktime settings I'm using (also present in the screenshot): 1920x1080 (1.0), 30 fps, Progressive, 203 (75% HLG, 58% PQ), Quality 100, Apple ProRes 422 HQ. I can upload the media when I get back to my desk (I had left for the holiday).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be wonderful. I have the same machine for testing here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EckiAME,

I'm back in office, and I believe I discovered the issue. My project was only full hd (1920 x 1080) but my full res images were 49MP (8256 x 5504). It seems that the large photos is what caused the crashing (I also sent a crash report to Adobe). Once I resized my photos down to 1920 x 1080, it exported within 30 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

this is indeed a great clue. I have also integrated very large images (4032x1949 px) into the AE document and reduced them to 36% (film format: 1920x1080 px). I don't know if that is the problem. But I will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be curious to know if that solved your issue as well. I'll check back tomorrow sometime to see if you've updated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad thet you resolved your issue. I still consider that as a bug. Thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EckiAME,

If you are still considering this as a bug, do you still need my source files to reproduce it? If so, I can send them to you if you have a secure way so that I'm not uploading full res files to the public.

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please! That would be truly wonderful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. I have all the files ready for you now. Is there a secure way to send them to you that does not make my full res photos publically accessible?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share via Adobe Cloud Files or Dropbox, and send me a private message with the share link (click on my name and on "send message")?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that. Please let me know if there is anything else you need me to provide. Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I have followed up with you via private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM? Also, since you are using Premiere Pro, please let us know know your sequence settings and the codec your footage are in. On th image I also see network drives. Is all media local? Thanks.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joost,

right now I am not sitting at the computer on which the rendering failed. I will submit the classification later.

By the way: I hope we don't confuse the whole thing here. The screenshot you reference is not mine. I just have the same problem as Matthew24276862cbeg. Unlike him, I use Adobe After Effects (Windows 11) to render the movie via AME. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joost,

I do have network drives attached, but all the media in my sequence was local to my documents folder. I'm using a Macbook Pro 16in, M1 Pro, 16GB ram, Ventura 13.0 (for the OS version). It's a slide show, so no actual footage, however, I can provide the export settings: 920x1080 (1.0), 30 fps, Progressive, 203 (75% HLG, 58% PQ), Quality 100, Apple ProRes 422 HQ.

I was also using an adobe stock template to make the slide show, which I can provide the link to: https://stock.adobe.com/templates/flip-square-slideshow-replacement-title/541818746?prev_url=detail

I had inserted the nine photos (it only has a place for nine) and I changed the text on the 9 photos. If required, I am happy to provide full res copies of those files (slightly edited to be watermarked).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your detailed feedback. We are looking into this issue now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines