• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Horribly Slow

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the worst experience with AME. Its a 16 second video, that I am already 11 minutes into encoding and I'm not even 20% finished with it... On a 16 second video!!!

There is no way that AME should ever take this long for a 16 second video. I've also had my software crash twice on me, and Pr isn't doing any better. I'm using a MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro, 16GB Ram, and I'm using version 23.0.1 for AME and 23.0.0 for Pr.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I will post a screen shot below...

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Hi EckiAME,

I'm back in office, and I believe I discovered the issue. My project was only full hd (1920 x 1080) but my full res images were 49MP (8256 x 5504). It seems that the large photos is what caused the crashing (I also sent a crash report to Adobe). Once I resized my photos down to 1920 x 1080, it exported within 30 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, sometimes he wants to receive a project from after effects, sometimes he doesn't.
Most often I render from after, because the encoder says it doesn't see the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a different issue. How often does this happen? What are your system specs? Which app versions do you use? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use MacStudio Ultra, and the after effects application is the latest version 23.0
the only idea that appears, that the combined projects, that is, when I import a part of the project from another part, another computer, the encoder does not want to render. when the project is cleanly done in this computer, no problems arise.
your nurse also tried to help me, but she couldn't. I don't know why, when I put the project directly in the encoder, an error appears that it doesn't see the project, it says it doesn't exist or it has been deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With "project" you are talking about an Ae comp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share system specs and app versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I discovered this software in trial version, the first day, Media encoder took 30 hours to export an .mp4 file, and the file crashed at the end.
Second attempt with a Quicktime export, more than 21h, all for a 30s video.

This software is not reliable, I would not take the paid version.

2022-12-25 at 11-42-13.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one more again...30s video not finished in 24h...thats enough and the last for me..My team can't work with a so long software2022-12-26 at 12-25-34.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My config :

2022-12-26 at 12-30-21.jpg2022-12-26 at 12-30-36.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want to look into this more. Would you be able to thare the AfteEffects project?

Does this also happen if you export to H.264 directly from AfterEffects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear @Matthew24276862cbeg,

I am happy to tell you that thanks to your post Media Replacement Mogrts with stills have gotten a lot faster. In 23.2 your Mogrt should already perform somewhat faster, but you should really test this in a beta build of 23.3 where you will see massive improvements.

Again, thank you for reporting this! We are very excited for this fix.

And thanks, @EckiAME for jumping in here!

Annika (QE on the Motion Graphics Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2024 Oct 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the answer, but I'm having the same problem. Projects that used to render fast are now taking forever. I thought perhaps it was my hard drive being too full, but even now after a big clean up, the rendering is painfully slow. 

Right now, I'm rendering a 15-minute 4k video into the Twitter 720HD preset. Other than Lumetri Color and a bit of a zoom-in, there are no other modifications in the timeline. However, after 15 minutes of rendering it's only half way done. It does this with every project, and to different presets, wheteher it's YouTube or ProRes422. I'm running Media Encoder version 24.6.1 (Build 2) on a M2 Mac Studio. Please help. It's really slowing down my progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2024 Oct 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to investigate the issue. Do you have a project for us to compare? It should be in the older PPro format so that we can convert the project and compare it against most recent builds. I can send you the instructions via private message in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines