Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder Mac forced shutdown

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I used a media encoder to render the after effects video.

But every time I run rendering my Mac shuts down. Reboot without notice.

I use an iMac. I thought the iMac computer was the problem.

However, I had the same problem when using my other iMac.

My Mac is the latest version of Catalina.

The Adobe program is also genuine and uses the latest version.

How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen if you export directly from the Render Queue in After Effects? It's possible there's a frame or part of your project that's causing and issue. You need to narrow down where this is happening and then go back into After Effects and see if anything stands out.

What happens if you preview your timeline at Full res inside of After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I render with the path'file-export-add to adobe media encoder queue'.

The problem occurs when rendering all projects. I have tried dozens of files. The video can be viewed normally in the after effect.

However, it suddenly ends during rendering. This problem does not always occur.

As I expected, I recently did a Catalina update. Mac OS and Adobe program crashing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been an on going issue with the Media Encoder and After Effects updates over the last week or two. Many peple including myself are unable to render through media encoder and as far as I am aware the only solution would be to render in After Effects and then convert the mov in Media encoder, the dynamic link has not been fixed.  The recent update Adobe claims to have fixed this issue but I did a test render yesterday and it froze and crashed my Macbook pro, hopefully they get around to fixing it properly.  Other members claim that the Beta versions of After effects and Media Encoder fix this problem, but that didnt work for me either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two iMacs and a MacBook Pro. All three computers are forcibly shut down when rendering.

Please update.😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! It just started working randomly, Im not sure if Adobe fixed the issue over the weekend, but try a test render through AME and let us know if it is still buggy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I am sadly still buggy. 😢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have exactly the same problem. When rendering the video, my Mac restarts itself and a table appears stating that it had to be restarted. Then I have to turn off all programs and render again. Then it goes. But today I rendered 2 videos in 4K and it fell to me twice. It's probably a bug in the render program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines