• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder no longer works in 2018

Participant ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video I created in AE CC 2017.  Never had a problem exporting it to media encoder and rendering H.264 with the Vimeo 1080p preset.  I upgraded to 2018 the other day and today had to make an edit to that video.  I sent it to media encoder and no matter what format I try it continues to fail.  Can anyone suggest a reason why or advise what else I can try?  Here's the log file.  Thanks.

- Encoding Time: 00:39:15

11/21/2017 04:37:42 PM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------------------------------

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Career Fair\Short Video Edit 11-13-17.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;02;53;04

Rendering at offset: 171.471 seconds

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: -1609629695

- Encoding Time: 00:39:31

11/22/2017 08:41:49 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Unable to produce frame.

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Career Fair\Short Video Edit 11-13-17.mp4

- Encoding Time: 00:39:12

11/22/2017 09:27:58 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Unable to produce frame.

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Capital Video\Graphs v2018_AME\Short Video Edit 11-13-17.mp4

- Encoding Time: 00:39:17

11/22/2017 10:12:03 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Capital Video\Graphs v2018_AME\Short Video Edit 11-13-17_1.mp4

- Encoding Time: 00:39:18

11/22/2017 10:53:25 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Capital Video\Graphs v2018_AME\Short Video Edit 11-13-17_2.mp4

- Encoding Time: 00:39:27

11/22/2017 11:33:19 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Capital Video\Graphs v2018_AME\Short Video Edit 11-13-17_3.mp4

- Encoding Time: 00:00:00

11/22/2017 11:42:29 AM : Encoding Failed

QuickTime Export Error

QuickTime for Windows cannot export H.264 on computers that have more than 16 CPU cores due to a problem in the Apple H.264 compressor component.

Export Error

Incompatible Video Codec found in the preset. Preset load failed.

Exporter returned bad result.

Writing with exporter: QuickTime

Writing to file: E:\Audio_Video\Short Video Edit 11-13-17.mov

Around timecode: 00;00;00;00

Component: QuickTime of type Exporter

Error code: 27

- Encoding Time: 00:39:19

11/22/2017 12:23:47 PM : Encoding Failed

32-bit QuickTime support ending

Support for import/export of legacy 32-bit QuickTime media will be discontinued in a future version of Premiere Pro. Transcode to a non-legacy format to continue using the media in Premiere Pro after legacy support has ended.

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: QuickTime

Writing to file: E:\Audio_Video\Short Video Edit 11-13-17.mov

Around timecode: 00;02;52;19

Component: QuickTime of type Exporter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me yet again.  Why the **** can't Adobe get the most basic core ******* functionality of their software working after months of this ******????  What's the point of having video editing software if it can't output a video????

What an ongoing and continuous cluster****.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is erroneously marked as "Answered" which it definitely is NOT.

Abobe??? Anybody home? Anybody at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Media Encoder 2018 always Fails during export.

Solutions?

Will we have our money back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same boat here. Been having a lot of rendering problems with Premiere and Encoder over the last year, and now with 2018. every single render for the last 4 days no matter what I do, crashes or fails.

For a product that we pay for using, Adobe is pretty disgusting at sorting this out. The fact that all they do is give us a link to try and troubleshoot, yet everyone is still having these issues and every crash it sends a report to Adobe. Shocking.

I will be looking hard at Davinci Resolve and if all looks good, I will be moving away from Premiere and Adobe products. This is not on for a professional product and company

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, i tried to export my project with cc2018. No matter what i did, It crashes all the time. Also with AE  and Media Encoder no chance to export. Its an desaster. I pay so much money for this and i cant work. Thats how i make my money. I am back on CC2017 now but have the Issue that i can preview my GH5 Footage again   Really disappointed .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe you are a joke of a company now. I am installing Davinci and my next project will start using that. Premiere used to work great a couple of years ago, now its cumbersome, slow, and almost never works.

It is my main source of income and now I am losing clients, and money because I cannot render out files I have spent days editing not to mention having paid a monthly fee for years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost half way through 2018 and still running into this problem.

I have found if I restart my computer EVERY TIME after finishing the movie in AE, I can then get it to work correctly on AME. Still, this is an incredibly annoying work around and Adobe should have a fix for this by now (The problem has been documented since Nov 2017).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having huge issues with ME.

It takes more than 20 hours to export a 45min video. Using Ultra key and some basic Lumetri features.

It's unacceptable.

Running a 2011 MAcbook pro 16gigs Ram i7.

Any suggestions? Tried all that I found on this forum. Nothing has worked.

Desperate for an answer, deadlines I've committed to.

This is madness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, that's not unusual for your laptop specs. Ultra Key and Lumetri are incredibly CPU intensive. Are you also doing an Advanced Spill Suppresion and Key Cleaner? You only have a Sandy Bridge Core i7 2720QM I'm assuming, based on a quick search I did for 2011 MacBook Pro specs. That's a 7 year old processor. I'm assuming you have discrete graphics via an AMD Radeon HD 6750M built into that as well. Do you have the option available to use your GPU to help render at least? If ME supports OpenCL on that card, it may help a bit. I believe some of those effects are GPU accelerated, but someone would have to confirm that as I'm not sure.

I've done green screen renders with Ultra Key, Adv Spill Suppressor, Key Cleaner, and a little bit of Lumetri with a Sandy Bridge-E Core i7-3820, 32GB RAM, with a 4GB nVidia GTX 960 and with an hour of footage, it took 13 hours.  That's basically a 2012 spec system and it's a desktop, so it's going to perform better, but 13 hours is still a decent amount of time. Your results are rather normal. It's just a lot for the CPU to handle.

Bill Kearney
LightShiftVideo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes!!

I’m in deep shit then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I've had the same issue w/ similar vintage MacBook Pro.  I have all my source files on an external HD, so I copy my project files off the MacBook HD onto the external, then move the external to a MacPro and render there. Annoying, but until I replace the MacBook, at least I can still edit in the field, but have to render back at the studio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly

Having spent three weeks working on a version heavy commercial and very much enjoyed using premiere and ae.

then came the finishing, booked in for one day

today is day 4.

Encoder does not work it’s simple as that.

Exporting one by one from premiere is the only solution.

Can I suggest you create a finishing application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues with exporting my files from AE 2018 to ME 2018. Everything I render from ME 18 is pixelated and broken, and random black boxes are where images should be. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure it out for the life of me. This is so annoying, I never had any issues back in CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody. I've had an issue with Adobe Illustration having major interface issues. Basically the cursor acting like it was bathed in glue and everything was sticking to it. I did a huge amount of searching and turning extensions on and off. trashing preferences, booting in safe mode etc etc etc.

Found in the Apple forums a bunch of people with the same issue. The solution is really simple.

Turn off Dictation, found in preferences under Keyboard.

It fixed my Adobe Illustration problem immediately.

This morning I was working on a time-lapse and absentmindedly went from AE to Media Encoder.

No problems! Could someone test this out on their non functioning machines to see it that might be an answer?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same boat as everyone else ,why is it adobe techs can design a program and not find a fix for problems with it ,seems everyone is having same problems and not have the nerve to not even answer peoples questions just goes to show that editing isn't their highest earner so do really care,they will when people stop buying their products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DON'T     typo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright I have found a solution. I don't know if it will work for everyone else but it's worth a try.

Contact Adobe directly on the phone, get a tech to reset the faulty programs and the dynamic link.  I forget the exact term they used for it but what they did was they added the ".old" extension to various Adobe folders such as the Media Encoder program folder, Premiere program folder, dynamicLink program folder, etc etc.

Immediately after, I not only saw a boost in speed with my exports but also it didn't freeze nearly as much.  It did freeze one time, but I let it run overnight because it was at the end of my work day and when I got in this morning it had completed the rest of the queue which were like 12 half hour videos.

Give it a shot and if it works, confirm here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you - I too had to contact them when I couldn't render anything in AME and my client was presenting that day so I had to render to QT in AE and then transcode it with some freeware crap I had to get at the last minute - NOT COOL, ADOBE!

It's not like we have time in our industry to get on the phone or chat with someone for hours so I waited several weeks before doing this and the agent had to take control of my PC and change some prefs files and reset some AE and AME prefs - it took about 2 hours and they acted like everything was all good but it's NOT all good if I can't fix it myself or if a service we pay for monthly, can't be fixed or updated, costing us hours ($$$).

As someone who has been using Adobe products for over 18 years, everytime there's an update, I cringe, finding that the things I use the most are now either obsolete, moved under many menu windows, or otherwise broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to fix this problem fast. I am experiencing the same problem from premiere latest update. Premiere keeps hanging up, I must restart the computer, then premiere is not loading all the footage in the project panel, then after i get to finish editing my project time to export, oh lord worst problem. ME hangs. Will not even start so i had to export from premiere export window. My project was created in premiere 2018 so cant go back to 2017 cause it took me about 3 weeks to edit that project. ADOBE BE PROFESSIONAL AND SEND OUT RELEASES THAT WORK. For a company that is getting positive comments from professionals who is saying that adobe is getting close to rivaling the top NLE programs, you all doing a lot of shit now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add I have exactly the same issues as the original poster, right down to the (useless) error codes.

Think it's really important everyone who has problems like this takes 2 mins to add their voice to these forums, it's the only hope we have of Adobe taking it seriously.

Like many here, I run a motion graphics business and it's just that - a business. Time taken posting on forums, searching for solutions to bugs and crashes is all lost money.

My main gripe is Adobe endlessly adding "bells and whistles" features to each app instead of concentrating on core functionality and reliability. I'm already looking around for alternatives as in the run long it may make better business sense to switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right this minute i am trying to export from adobe premiere itself because ME is not working, and Premiere pro export window is also giving problems. The export bar that gives the percentage of the video being exported is stuck at 0 percent and not moving. When i tried to cancel it it won't cancel, saying its not responding. I actually had to restart my computer to get it off screen. Come on adobe i am losing all respect for you with this POS suite you handing out to people. Pure garbage. If this continue like this i will be switching to another LNE and i will never recommend you to anyone else so make sure you all get this thing fixed ASAP because i am losing money with this garbage you released as an update. In the future make sure you release something that is tested and works. I AM REALLY PISSED AND FED UP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues currently with AE 2018 (updated) and ME 2018 (updated) Encoder just will not work as people have mentioned above.

FIxes i have tried...

1 BEST OPTION. Restart machine.... stupid that we have to do this..(sames as using the .old)

2 Resetting to factory install for encoder and AE. (google resetting after effects on start up and ME)

3 Re import your AE file into a fresh AE file and render a fresh.

4 Render as AVI and use Handbrake to encode down.

5 Turn off GPU encoding and use "Murcury playback" and "software rendering" inside encoder.

All of these are not guaranteed to fix the issues and its so frustrating.

Wasted 8hours today trying to fix. In a busy industry where we pay for the software monthly we should have usable software. Without rendering out we don't have a usable end product... if not fixed we should be refunded.

Hope you guys solve your issues.

Adobe...please listen and fix...and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. Simply can't render to H264 from AME. Failure after failure.  As this is the format my clients require this format, this puts me in a bad spot. Paying over $50 per month and the software doesn't work. Very frustrated. Am installing previous version of AME. I never had a problem before so hoping this solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any workflows that use QuickTime need to be carefully looked at going forward, especially if we have clients who still require that we deliver to what are now "legacy" formats.

Being that Apple deprecated QuickTime as a system driver for time based media back in 2013, the transition to no longer having QuickTime from Apple had to happen at some point and it happened with CC2018.  Fortunately, Adobe is supporting some of QuickTime directly in the Adobe video applications.  Unfortunately, Adobe isn't support everything that the application level that QuickTime supported at the OS level (and it was a lot).

For anyone that's been using QuickTime, projects the flowed relatively smoothly from the earliest version of Premiere Pro and After Effects are prone to coming to a complete roadblock.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warren Heaton what are you saying, we should uninstall quicktime from our system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines