• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder v14.3.2 crashes on startup iMacPro 10 core

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, whenever I open media encoder v 14.3 -- it crashes and can not start. I can export from Premiere, or After Effects, and also I'm able to use ME CC 2019. I've tried unintalling prevous versions and only  installing the new one. No go. I'm including the crash-log for your inspection.  Right now I can only use old versions.

MacOS 10.15.6

Model Name: iMac Pro

Model Identifier: iMacPro1,1

Processor Name: 10-Core Intel Xeon W

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 10

L2 Cache (per Core): 1 MB

L3 Cache: 13.8 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 128 GB

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We apreciate you sharing the system details and crash logs proactively. We'll make sure we get the crash log analyzed to figure out what could be making the application crash at launch. Could you share a few more details?

• Has this version ever worked fine for you?
  • Are you logged in as an administrator to the user account in your macOS?

Let us know. We're here to help.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We got a lead! As per the crash logs, the application crashed because of a third party plug-in com.pixlock.VTwinFx.AE_framework. This appears to be a CoreMelt plugin. The error is the OS complaining that it should not link directly to libcrypto, so this is likely something that depends on the OS version. Our product team experts have adviced to disable or uninstall the plug-in and then test the issue.

Let us know if it brings any change. 

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is somewhat helpful, however -- I have no idea what plug-in that is. When I look up CoreMelt -- I find things for final cut pro. However -- I've never downloaded those, nor do I use them.  I thought I tracked it down to a plug-in called Motion Factory -- but that doesn't seem to do the trick.  I am logged in as the administrator, and I am able to use AME 2019.

Any other clues as to what the plug-in may be. I can't seem to find anything listed as com.pixlock.VTwinFx.AE_framework anywhere on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it... I could not find that plug-in anywhere, but now I got it. It was hidden deep down in the application support folder -- deleted whole corMelt folder and now it opens.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

H Casey, I have the same problem. Media Encoder crashes on startup but I can't find the corMelt folder that you talk about. Can you explain me where did you find it ? thanks a lot ! 

Nastasia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines