Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Won't Connect to After Effects Project File

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Recently I've been having an issue with my Media Encoder not connecting to an After Effects file that I try to export. I've done some digging on this and found that I should try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue. This has happened to me in before in the past month and reinstalling worked, but this time it did not. Can someone please give me some pointers if this has happened to you and you've managed to fix it?

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Hello, i would like to share my solution to this problem. maybe someone finds this helpful.

I had the same issue - AE and Media Encoder did not work together through direct link.

here is what i have tried.

updated everything to the cuurent available versions and it didn't work.

deleted cache files and Adobe folders in Documents .. did not work

uninstalled and reinstalled all adobe apps including creative cloud .. and it didn't work.

i turned off the windows firewall completely ... and it started worki

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, so my only help will consist of reporting this is not an isolated case, and add my own experiences to it.

So, same issue:

• When exporting through Media Encoder in After Effects, nothing happens: no error message, just nothing at all.
  • When trying to export a aep file through ME directly, ME tells me After Effects 2022 is not installed

Things I tried:

• Uninstalling and re-installing both ME and AE
  • Removing all my settings and user folders and again uninstalling/re-installing
  • Installing older versions (making sure to keep AE and ME in sync). I tried three or four version going back to early 2021

Nothing seems to work. I pray an update will fix this soon because I need to do some complex batch exporting on my main machine that has the problem and is now basically unusable for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou com mesmo problema, fiz exatamente as mesmas coisas, mas mesmo depois de atualizar tanto o after como  o ME, nada acontece.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We can get this checked. Please let us know the exact version of Media Encoder & After Effects installed on your computer. Also, are you experiencing this issue with any specific comp/project or all of them?

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have version 22.1.1 installed for both After Effects and Media Encoder. The problem is with every project I try to export. 

Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same versions and behaviour as the author of the thread: AE & ME version 22.1.1, and the problem persists for any project. But like I said, I did try going back a few versions and that didn't solve the problem, even though before I never experienced this with the same versions so that's really strange. I suspected something went wrong with saved settings but I also tried deleting all the associated files and that didn't change anything either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Just checking back. Is there any solution that I can try to solve this problem? I updated to the newest version of both AE and AME but I'm still having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have the same issue with my Media Encoder. Media Encoder doesn`t connect to After Effects files (I have version 22.1.1 installed for both AE and ME). Please, help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm experiencing the same problem? Has anyone found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like they're released an update. I'm installing it right now. Hopefully it fixes the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Please, tell me, did you find a solution of this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the new version both AE and ME, but it didn't fix the issue. Same situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Still won't connect to my project files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've solved problem. I updated both AE and AME v. 22.2 and it worked.

Try it again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it once and I tried it again but no joy for me 😞

There are other very similar threads with tons of people having the same or similar problems. It seems like it's a very complex problem with many different bugs, hardware configurations and local settings fighting it out with an either positive or negative effect on the AE-ME communication, and every new update is a gamble at what the outcome will be. It's very frustrating and I hope Adobe does something about it soon. Please get it together guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i would like to share my solution to this problem. maybe someone finds this helpful.

I had the same issue - AE and Media Encoder did not work together through direct link.

here is what i have tried.

updated everything to the cuurent available versions and it didn't work.

deleted cache files and Adobe folders in Documents .. did not work

uninstalled and reinstalled all adobe apps including creative cloud .. and it didn't work.

i turned off the windows firewall completely ... and it started working again.

so far so good .. but i did not want to use windows without firewall.

i found some settings in the windows firewall app where u can allow apps to go through the firewall and in that list i found a programm called "amecommand.exe" which was excluded from communicating in the private network. i changed that setting and now it works for me.

this might be complete nonsens but it worked 😉

best

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone still struggling with all the mentioned possible solutions, still not working, for me the fix was something you wouldn't expect. If you are using multiple screens, in my instance, using the default layout will hide the Queue of projects to be rendered. So you can add render to the queue using ME and it will appear as if nothing is happening, but in actuality, it's all there, you need to change the default workspace at the top, to something else, and it will suddenly refresh to the correct layout with the queued projects listed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A GENIUS. 

This worked for me after hours of uninstalling/reinstalling/swearing heavily.

Turns out it's a very simple fix. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped XD

I suspect it could be driver related issue or is an actual bug that Adobe hasn't made a priority yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just fixed this same issue after months of wracking my brain: ME wouldn't import any files from AfterEffects.

The problem was solved when I went into a font management app called Connect Fonts (it used to be Extensis Suitcase Fusion), and I turned off the Adobe AE plug-ins in its plug-in manager. I closed Connect Fonts, and now ME works as expected. Whew!

So check any of your third-party apps if there are any plug-ins that are interfering with AE and ME working properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines