• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MEDIA ENCODER WON'T CONNECT TO DYNAMIC LINK SERVER

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that I know has affected many people and is something that I have endured many times.

When I send a comp to render from AE to AME it doesn't get past 'connecting to dynamic link server'. It eventually just fails.

I used to be able to resolve the issue by restarting my computer however this no longer works. 

I have recently updated to the latest versions, this has made no difference.

AE 14.9

AME 17.70

I have purged my disk cache etc and reset preferences. I am currently rendering as .MOV from AE and then importing to AME to encode but this is disruptive to my workflow.

Any advice on how to resolve the issue would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

DynamicLink only works if you have matching versions of the apps installed, e.g. AME and After Effects 23.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Uninstalled and re-installed both AE 17.7.0 and ME 14.9 and still unable to export from AE to ME and whike in ME when selecting add AE comp still Dynamic Link won't connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue. Macbook Pro 2019, macOS 10.15.7, AE 17.7, AME 14.9, can't send even a simple shape to AME - stuck on Connecting to Dynamic Link Server. Issue started with update to AE 17.7. Will try to downgrade again to 17.6 to see if it resolves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have the same issue with the latest update - After Effects v17.7 and Media Encoder v14.9.

The only solution I found is to render the composition immediately after it appears in Media Encode, so it will be rendered to default folder with _AME in the end of the name. But if I want to change folder to render to my, it stucks on "connecting to dynamic link server".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this issue is related to non-system fonts. I can repeatably resolve this by restoring standard fonts from font book and rebooting. Then it works. When I reinstall fonts to /Library/Fonts the issue returns. This, however, did not occur prior to AE 17.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had this problem. It worked fine last week (end of Feb) but when I came back to work on Monday (yesterday), apparently my AE updated itself without me manually doing it and now Dynamic Link won't connect at ALL. Which is garbage since we render out .mp4s all the time and AE doesn't support that anymore. Which is also ridiculous. This is very frustrating.

I've uninstalled Adobe CC COMPLETELY and removed all old Adobe and CC folders and files, reinstalled, and it still doesn't work.

Hopefully the devs get a patch out ASAP or something. Or just enable an option to disable Dynamic Link, if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myself and several people on the team at our agency are having the exact same issues and have for the past several weeks. We have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, now currently on the most recent version (and have tried the Beta versions which have intermittently worked).

It seems to render fine from an external video file, but the Dynamic Link Server will take several minutes to "connect"… only to fail.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

After Effects 17.7

Media Encoder 14.9

We need a solve for this ASAP because it's significantly hindering workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue just started happening to me too. Using AE first time after a month and now can't get my AE file into AME... no one around to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issue: whatever composition I send to ME from the AE results in the color table render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here...
Any solutions by now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DynamicLink only works if you have matching versions of the apps installed, e.g. AME and After Effects 23.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately the problem is not solved.  I'm running the latest of both aftereffects and media encoder and dynamic link won't connect.  I have rebooted, trashed prefs, opened in safe mode and nothing helps.. any word on a real fix for this ongoing problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What system are you on? Do you use releases or betas? I will try to repro on a system that is close to yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines