Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No AE CSV Script data when exporting with AME

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I posted this to the Premiere Pro forum a few days ago but realised it's more of a ME issue so I hope it's fine to repost here.

I recently updated to Premiere v14.9, AE v17.7 and AME v14.9, I have been unable to get scripts to work properly while exporting using AME.

I have CVS scoreboard data fed into a AE project, which updates scores and other information automatically. These comps are then dynamically linked into Premiere Pro where I edit the footage with the graphics. Using (presumably) the directly previous app versions I was able to queue multiple sequences to encode using AME, and all the script fields would have the correct data drawn from the CSV. Since updating, all script fields encode with Unidentified as text in every instance. 

I know it isn't a syntax error as 1. it encoded previously and 2. the CSV data works fine when editing and correctly encodes through the PP export dialog. This is my current workaround however it's not at all effecient as I can't queue multiple sequences to save time doing long export batches. 

I guess this is an issue with AME but could be anything across all 3 apps! Is this a known issue with any fixes? Would hope that I can keep using updated versions instead of being stuck with the old versions that work properly. 

Let me know if any more info is needed.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a bug and there are fixes, you can try updating to the newest versions of all the apps. The Pr 15.0, AE 18.0, and AME 15.0 recently came out, so fixes could be there.

Alternatively, is your CSV file in the comp you're trying to queue or is it just sitting in the Project panel? If it's the latter, try dragging your CSV into the timeline and see if that makes a difference. It might not, but one "gotcha" with data files is that when you collect a project in After Effects CSV "footage" is not collected unless it's actually one of the layers in your comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding the CSV to the time line in AE seems to to be a good workaround, but it makes the AEP file to grow exponentially.

I think this is a bug and should be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still exists in Jan 2022.

If I export using Premier Pro export dialog it takes the CSV files just fine.

But using the Media encoder, it does not read the data, no error, just blank spaces in the project where the data was supposed to show.

I think the problem is that Media Encoder creates a copy of your current project and saves it in the temp file folder. Somehow then it loses the reference to the file.

I tried by dropping the file in that directory but it does not make any difference.

Is there a workaround to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines