• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No GPU detected

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After allowing my PC to update last night, both windows and a few drivers as well, Media Encoder no longer recognises my GTX 1060 as a Hardware Encoder. It's locked to Software.

The renderer option still lets me set it to CUDA and after effects still uses the GPU without issue but I can't render through Media Encoder with it. Which breaks several effects if I let it render with CPU only.

Just wondering if anyone knows a fix for this or if it will likely just go away when my RTX 2080ti arrives in the next few days.

Thanks in advance.

And for anyone questioning why I would be upgrading from a 1060 to a 2080ti rather than any other card... I sold my 1080ti to buy it. I've been stuck on a 1060 for a month now. I wasn't exactly expecting a 3 week delay when I ordered one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, AME CC 2018 was using my GPU no problem, a Nvidia Titan Black. Why is that AME 2019 does not use it anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure you are using a driver directly from NVIDIA, not one installed from Windows.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I installed drivers directly from Nvidia. Almost none of the adobe suite would work without them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPUsniffer.exe on the root of the Adobe AME folder reported the card was fine but the driver was old. After updating it all went back to hardware rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the version number of your driver? As of today, the current version of the driver should be 416.34. You can download it from the Nvidia site here:

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/138697/en-us

If your current driver is 397 or below, that would explain the problem. Check the driver number in the Nvidia Control Panel, then upgrade from the linked page if you have an old driver. Premiere Pro requires newer drivers that support the Cuda 9.2 toolkit. Thanks.

Andy, Premiere Pro Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey DanielF!

Did you ever get your videos to export? Is your GPU being recognized by the software?

Let us know!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on the phone and chat support with nvidia, adobe and Intel for HOURS over the last week, regarding the fact that premiere pro does not support cuda hardware processing when exporting media in premiere pro cc using the nvidia rtx 2080.

I am running the new intel i9 7940 cpu with 32 gigs of ram and an asus 299 motherboard Nowhere does any one tell you that the rtx 2080 is not compatible with premiere pro cuda hardware acceleration. (Can not do hardware cuda acceleration) even though it is selected in premiere Instead when i did my research everyone who reviews the rtx2080 tells you how fast and fantastic it is when running premiere pro. Plain and simply that is BS as the rtx2080 does not do cuda hardware acceleration with Premiere Pro.

Now I am caught holding the bag with a graphics card that is useless for premiere pro. Nvidia said they would only give me an exchange if I purchased the card directly from them, to exchange for an nvidia 1080 ti. MOST disappointing that I have had to go through all this crap only to find out that the newest and greatest rtx 2080 is a piece of crap with premiere pro.

Had I have known that the rtx 2080 would not support mercury cuda hardware acceleration I would have obviously made another choice. This is a serious issue and hopefully Nvidia will take responsibility for what I deem to be misleading advertising. Somebody other than me the end user should take responsibility for deceptive advertising and replace this graphics card, and stop mentioning how great the rtx 2080 is with adobe premiere pro cc !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope the translation into English is understood, I am using Google Translate

If you select Profile High and Level 5.1 when you export the video, Adobe Premiere uses the GPU. My question is, is the problem NVIDIA or Adobe? I think the problem is in Adobe.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines