Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NVidia GPU-accelerated H264-encoder plugin 1.12, ready for public testing

Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!!!! Disclaimer: NVENC-export is third-party software that is not supported by either Adobe or NVidia. It comes with no warranty -- use at your own risk.

nvenc_export is a NVidia GPU-accelerated H264/HEVC export-plugin for Adobe Premiere.  It is a "proof-of-concept" that provides quick encode times by offloading the computationally intensive video-encoding operation to the NVidia GPU's dedicated hardware block NVENC.
Compared to high-quality software encoder such as x264/x265, NVENC currently produces inferior visual quality and compression efficiency.  However, due to the nature of fixed function hardware, it does offer significantly faster encode times than software alone, with significantly less power consumption.  The speed advantage is helpful for turning out many draft-quality videorenders quickly.

Moderator Note: Removed. Download links are not permitted according to our community guidelines.

Minimum hardware requirements:
(1) NVidia Kepler GPU
    (a) for H264 4:4:4 support: Maxwell Gen1 (GTX750) or newer
    (b) for HEVC 4:2:0 support: Maxwell Gen2 (GTX950) or newer
    (c) for HEVC Main10/4:4:4 support: Pascal (GTX1050) or newer
(2) AMD or Intel CPU with SSSE3 instruction support (virually anything newer than 2008)

Minimum software requirements:
(1) Adobe host applicaition: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 or Adobe Premiere Elements 14
(3) Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit)
(4) Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Software Redistributables (download this from Microsoft)
(5) NVidia Geforce driver 368.81 or newer (Aug 2016)
(6) for AAC-audio support, you must separately download NeroAacEnc from www.nero.com
(7) for FLAC-audio support, you must separately download the command-line version of FLAC from (www.xiph.org/flac)
(8) for multiplexer support, you must separately download TSMuxer, MP4BOX, and MKVmerge

Installation:
You will need administrator privileges to install nvenc_export, because you must copy the plugin file nvenc_export_112_sse2.prm into the installation dir of your Adobe application.

For Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 or CC:
(1) On your system, locate the installation-directory for Premiere Pro CS6.
  Usually, this is C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
(2)  Copy the included file Plug-ins/Common/nvenc_export_112_sse2.prm
  to <installation dir>/Plug-ins/Common/

* To use nvenc_export in Adobe Media Encoder, You must also copy *.prm file to the same directory ("Plug-ins/Common/") in your Adobe Media Encoder installation-dir.

For Adobe Premiere Elements 14:
(1) On your system, locate the installation-directory for Premiere Elements 14.
  Usually, this is C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 14
(2)  Copy the included file Plug-ins/Common/nvenc_export_112_sse2.prm
  to <installation dir>/Plug-ins/Common/

(Older versions of Elements are supported, see the readme.txt file for additional files to copy.)

-> To choose the NVENC-plugin in Media Encoder,
   in the export/format-menu, select <NVENC_export 1.12(sse2)>

Warning!!!: do not copy nvenc_export_112_avx2.prm into this directory, unless you are certain your CPU is recent enough to support AVX2!  If your CPU does not support AVX2, Premiere will *CRASH* at startup (until you remove this file from this dir.)

Known Limitations/problems:
(1) nvenc_export is "beta-quality" software... it is loaded with bugs.
(2) Audio/video is out-of-sync when lookAhead feature is used with HEVC.  (H264 should be ok.)
(3) TSMuxer has problems with HEVC-video (dropped frames, stuttering video, etc.)
     If exporting to HEVC, use MKV instead.
(4) Audio codec support is limited to PCM, FLAC, and AAC
(5) nvenc_export cannot export HDR-video (HDR10, DolbyVision).  Although it now supports HEVC Main0 profile (which is capable of carrying HDR video), this plugin was built using the Adobe CS6 SDK (2012), which predates HDR10 & Dolbyvision. (nvenc_export has other problems, too.  See readme.)
(6) Memory leak inside the plugin.  Over successive export operations, nvenc_export slowly consumes more GPU VRAM.  (Quit and restart Adobe Premiere; that should be enough to release the leaked VRAM.)
(7) HEVC-bitstreams are missing the video usability info (VUI) block and user-SEI (generated by nvenc_export.)  The VUI contains the video's colour-description (color-space characteristics), and the user-SEI lists the encoder-settings in effect.
(8) If the GPU-configuration of your PC changes in any way (i.e. upgrade to new card, or add/remove existing video-card), any saved encoding-presets that you created with your old setup may cause nvenc_export to crash at startup.  Avoid this by deleting *ALL* of the old nvenc_export encoding-presets.

Revision history:
1.12 (Nov 2016) - update to NVENC 7.0 API
⦁ Separate the AVX/AVX2 optimizations from the baseline codebase.  nvenc_export is now compiled for 3 CPU-architectures: SSE2, AVX, AVX2.  Before, nvenc_export 1.11 was only compiled for AVX2, and would *CRASH* if the host-CPU lacked AVX capability.
The "SSE2" build runs on the widest array of processors (though it still requires SSSE3 instruction set suport.)  The AVX and AVX2 offer more optimized YUV-repacking and RGB2YUV conversion routines (these operations run entirely in software on the host-CPU).  In most cases, the Adobe videorender or the GPU-encoding is the speed-bottleneck, so the AVX/AVX2 builds won't offer faster encode (though perhaps reduced CPU-utilization.)
⦁ Add HEVC Main10, FREXT profiles (for Pascal GPU):   10bpp, 4:4:4
⦁ Add new NVENC configuration items exposed by NVENC 7.0:  enableLookAhead, temporalAQ, EnableNonRefP, strictGOPTarget
⦁ Add FLAC-audio support (requires third-party download from www.xiph.org/flac)
⦁ For 5.1 (surround) audio output, make channel-swapping a user-controlled checkbox 'audio51_swap'.  (This is only required for CS6 and Elements 12.)
⦁ In h264 bitstreams, fix dropped user-SEI message (which lists the user's encoder-settings.) [Change nvencoderconfig settings from disabled to enabled: aud_enable, sei_BufferPeriod, and sei_PictureTime]
⦁ Fix some PrPixelFormat autonegotation problems. Premiere Elements 15 no longer provides 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 YUV-video, so nvenc_export will request 4:4:4 YUV. 
⦁ Remove RGB video from PrPixelFormat autonegotiation.  (User still has option to manually force Adobe to output RGB-video, by enabling the checkbox 'forced_PrPixelFormat'.)
⦁ Export operation now generates a debug *.log file
⦁ Fixed some problems with user-interface dialog-boxes failing to refresh properly in response to a change to a dependent setting.
⦁ Allow some user command-line arguments to be passed to third-party tools.  (Note, cannot override the default arguments that are already put there by nvenc_export.)

Message was edited by: Nvenc Tester

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work!

On my

GTX1060 3GB

Win 10 64

CC 2017

SSE2 work fine.

But i have only 14-30% Video Engine load

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, first of all thank you so much for this, I've been using nvenc_export on my PC for a while now and I really like it. I recently updated to a GTX 1060 and I get "Unknown Error" every time as soon as mp4box is supposed to start. But I'll try to figure that out somehow, I am posting here because I cannot get nvenc_export to work on my laptop despite it having a maxwell chip. Here's a screenshot with the error I get and some information.

Edit: Figured out that nvidia disabled nvenc on the GM108, so there's that.

As for the PC, I'm getting this error:

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit 2: the problem seems to have been the source footage itself. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also waiting for help for this. Been a time i've uninstalled Pro 2017 because of it's killing update..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GTX1070 final, any settings make this result.
not working correct for me.

2017-01-06_01-44-13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem with Nvidia GTX1060, except that :

Il timeline include fixed images (pictures) , the plugin export only one frame for each image, so in final output Audio and video are de-synchronized.

Il  get this problem on my last export with à video of 51 mn 10s, and 4 static images of 3 sec each :

the result film is vidéo 50 mn 58s and audio 51 mn 10 s (4 x 3 sec missing)

When i scrubbe video image by image , it is clear that each static image is only one frame.

NVENC unusable if timeline include images ;

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as other guy above, my video is tearing like craazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was following the other thread for this.  There was a fix for the static image bug in that thread.  Can that be integrated into the new version?

Moderator note: Linked removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nvenc_export 1.12 does not work well for my GTX 1050Ti.

GPU:GTX 1050Ti driver 378.49

AME:CC2017

Encoding is completed at speed same as CPU encoding.

I watched the status by GPU-Z. GPU Video Engine didn't work while encoding.

Anyone can help me? Thank you.

smp1.pngsmp2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for plugin. Shame about the LA in HEVC audio sync issues. Wish you had a passthrough/ just mux option for audio. Most the time the audio is just fine and doesn't need to be rencoded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version doesn't work for me with 1080, I experience interframe blocky output no matter the settings (same issue as Sansedor007 is having). Speed of encoding is insane though.

Moderator comment: Link removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the issue - enabling zeroReordeDelay fixes bugs with output, everything else seems to work correctly. Thanks for you work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Premiere update just broke this on my 1080ti.  It was working perfectly earlier today until I updated CC.  I tried reinstalling the drivers and the codec. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just restored to last week's windows image - back to normal.  Turns out this latest CC version breaks a LOT of stuff for a lot of people - DO NOT UPGRADE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got error message in 2017.1 Premiere

NVENC_Export v1

---------------------------

!!! Selected GPU does not have NVENC H264 hardware-capability !!!

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!

My problem: error message in 2017.1 Premiere (NVENC_EXPORT 1.11 and 1.12 )

!!! Selected GPU does not have NVENC H264 hardware-capability !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. GTX 980

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. GTX 1080 FE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent update for premiere broke this plugin.  We  wait for  " fix ".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Torna alla versione 11 02

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator: Link removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terry_Green Yes NVENC-coding works in this case, but GPU effects are turned off and general processing is slow

If 2015 and 2017 installed together their simultaneous start disables nvenc in 2015. After closing 2017, 2015 ok.

panad49286297 see link on bottom of page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines