• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Media Encoder v14.9 is now available!

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there dev!.

Thank you for routinely supports all the adobe products, but it seems this time Adobe Media Encoder can't work properly after my "After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder" updated to the latest version (2021) version

it said " After Effects: AEGP Plugin AEDynamic Link Server: Adobe Media Encoder is not Installed. Please Download and install it to use this feature...... (5027::12)"

I don't know why this occurs, what I'm very sure that this happens when my After effects and AME updated.

Please fix this problem. Thank you very much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... And this started before upgrading AE. So I thought it was related to a mismatch. Now everything Adobe is updated, but I keep getting the same error.

I tried the popular solution online (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRL6qN_jctE) but it didn't fix it (I mean I changed it to mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2020" "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder 2021" but I am not sure what AE is trying to access.

Could this be related to the latest Windows Update as well? I would expect more people complaining if the link between AE and ME was completely broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I checked the versions and while I had the latest Adobe AE, the icon in the start menu was still the one for 2020. I removed the shortcut and pinned the one for 2021 and it worked again!

So basically, AE doesn't replace the previous version, so make sure you are opening the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same error.  I rolled back to older verions. 14.9 of ME and 17.7 of After Effects even older version of Premiere 14.9. but now Media Encoder keeps crashing. Help Adobe. Please fix.  What can I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI. I rolled back to the older version of AE 18, but I still had to completely uninstall the drivers for my graphics card and re-install in order to get things running again. I don't know if this will help anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly I've totally given up on using Media Encoder via After Effects Dynamic Link Server, as it's always always always unstable. I had it working well for a while after doing a full system wipe/install but once the updates starting coming it broke shortly therafter...hanging in AE interminably or getting lost during the render. Now I have to render out of AE and import into AME and go from there, which is of course 4 more steps than I used to have to do when we could just output MP4 straight out of AE. Thanks again, Adobe, for reminding us that not only does every update seem to break something useful, but that we are paying exorbitant fees to be your beta testers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines