• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to Media Encoder 22.4 , now I cannot "interpret footage" (120fps proxy workflow)

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my subject line says, I updated to 22.4 and now I do not have the option to "Interpret Footage" (it's greyed out) after I send my footage from Premiere Pro to Media Encoder. If you aren't familiar with the 120FPS workaround, I interpret 120fps footage to 23.976 in PP and in ME so I avoid the 60fps issue. I have now downgraded to (22.3.1) until there is a solution. Really hurts my workflow.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Hi all, 

Instead of fixing the broken workaround, we are fixing the reason the workaround was needed in the first place. 

Specifically, in the next version of Premiere, if you use Interpret Footage to change frame rate, then create proxies, Media Encoder will create proxies at the correct frame rate.

The next version of Premiere will be available before the end of August. Before then, using the Speed/Duration option on the media can also be used to change the frame rate for creating a slow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Just downloaded the update yesterday and the fix seems to be working great. Thanks @Fergus H 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. But it happened only with footage send from Premiere Pro. If you import the footage directly in Media Encoder the optikon "Interpret Footage" is not greyed out. After this you can attach the proxies manually. I know it's a very complicated workaround, but for now ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this and now I am trying to attach the proxies manually, but its only letting me attach them one by one. Is this how you had to do it or is there a fast way??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to highlight all my clips in Premiere and then connect proxies. At that point it only got me to find and select one of them but after that Premiere seemed to be smart enough to grab the rest and attach them as well. Worth mentioning that the proxy names were the exact same as the clip names - just different codec. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the reply below, the problem seems to be with the new Premiere update. You will need to install the previous version of Premeire, it will then let you interpret footage for proxies as you were previously for your proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, and I also agree that it's a huge pain. We pay too much for this service for this workaround to even be needed but now that it doesn't even work... useless. Please, please fix this ASAP, Adobe. I'm leaning closer and closer to using another editing service each day.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. Following the update I too cannot interpret footage in Media Encoder. Thank you for the workaround - but this will not work in the long run. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Maybe the issue should better be reported at uservoice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by "reported at uservoice" but if you think there is a better place for us to post this issue to get a response from someone who can fix it, please do it or post a link to it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AnderKazmerski wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "reported at uservoice" but if you think there is a better place for us to post this issue to get a response from someone who can fix it, please do it or post a link to it. Thanks!

I already have posted to uservoice, I didn't know there was a seperate option for submitting bug reports to Adobe but this looks like it goes right to them. https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Thanks for the workaround, Maik. Adobe, please fix this asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! Interpret footage is greyed out when sent from Premier Pro. Thanks for the work around here! The proxy creation process needs to get easier overall in my opinion. It's been clunky for a number of years now. Adobe, please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I am having the the same problem and its really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to bring attention!

This is another really bad workflow getting worse!

A workaround for a workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and it's ruining my workflow because I always use 60fps for one of my projects and I interpret it all to 23.976. I need to make proxies for myself and my team that match. Also I tried going back to previous versions of media encoder and it won't let me interpret the footage even in previous versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Riley239332039ck6 It is actually Premiere itself that will need to be reverted to the older version. I am able to Interperet Footage in Media Encoder when creating proxies from Premiere 22.3.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me. This is so bad from Adobe. So bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. Thanks for the input, much easier than attaching proxies one by one the other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be great if i even could install the old version, another glitch is i'm unable to find how as the old way is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are able to install an older version. The directions are here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've tried to reintsall 4 different previous versions, matching the premiere release/version with the media encoder one and I'm still getting the 'INTERPRET FOOTAGE' option greyed out in ME.

Can anyone please help? With the lack of comms from Adobe and the ongoing workflow issues/delays it's really starting to cause issues for me, hours wise and client relationships. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Ignore. Finally got it working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines