Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does the amount of Mbits/s change?

Participant ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have exported the same video twice, but with the number of mbits/s reduced in the second (from 2.8 to 1.1).

Arengu_0-1646051934982.png

The size of the export is drastically reduced, from 71 Mo to 28 Mo, but I cannot see any obvious change in quality. What does the amount of mbits/s change? Is it then worthwhile to export all my videos with the amount of mbits/s reduced? Thanks!

TOPICS
Export or render , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Found an answer for myself on the Adobe help website (Export settings reference for Media Encoder and About video and audio encoding and compression ).

Bitrate is the amount of data in a video or audio signal measured in bits per second. Generally speaking, higher bitrates produce better quality video and audio, while lower bitrates create media that is easier to play back over slow Internet connections.

The bitrate (data rate) affects the quality of a video clip and the audience that can download

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found an answer for myself on the Adobe help website (Export settings reference for Media Encoder and About video and audio encoding and compression ).

Bitrate is the amount of data in a video or audio signal measured in bits per second. Generally speaking, higher bitrates produce better quality video and audio, while lower bitrates create media that is easier to play back over slow Internet connections.

The bitrate (data rate) affects the quality of a video clip and the audience that can download the file given their bandwidth constraints.

When you deliver video using the Internet, produce files using lower bitrates. Users with fast Internet connections can view the files with little or no delay, but users with poor connections must wait for files to download. Make short video clips to keep the download times within acceptable limits if you think a majority of users may not have good internet speeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines