• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't Media Encoder show more render information and why is it so slow?

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am seeking Adobe wisdom for Media Encoder. Let me start off by saying if I can avoid using ME, I usually do. I am not a fan as it is seems so much slower than rendering out of AE or exporting from Premiere but I have to keep working so I need to be able to render in the background. I believe it should be the exact opposite though - ME should be a turbocharged fire-breathing monster that takes render tasks away from the other apps so we can keep working on creative...but it should be FASTER. I do have the renderer on "GPU Acceleration (Metal)" and I have a Thunderbolt3 AMD WX9100 16GB eGPU (Mac) for rendering - does not help speed it up.

My questions for admins / developers are...

* Can you explain why is it SO SLOW (optimized performance settings config maybe)?

* Why doesn't Media Encoder show complete render stats (Feature Request)?

Maybe I am missing something, but as far as a render-only app goes, ME lacks a huge amount of details in the Queue. I, personally, like to go back into my AE Render Queue and see a completed render time (how long it takes) and every / all file specs, etc.

Thank you so much 🙂 

TOPICS
Export or render , Feature request , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post that here where the Adobe engineers read each thread:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that link Peru Bob! I have posted my input there! Hopefully someone is listening!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried File > Show Log (command L)?

AME File > Show Log (command L)AME File > Show Log (command L)

That's where AME puts the detailed render information.

As far as it going faster goes, it's mostly about fewer, faster cores for rendering quickly (or... rendering less slow as the case may be).  The Premiere Pro team and the After Effects team are very aware of the requests for "faster".  

Unfortunately, eGPU hasn't proven to be the speed boost we would have expected it to be for video editing and motion graphics, but maybe the same can be said for internal GPU as well.  That's really a boost for Cinema4D and the like.

This article answers some questions:
GPU Accelerated Rendering & Hardware Encoding
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/gpu-acceleration-and-hardware-encoding.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines