• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add codecs?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Media Encoder to decrease file sizes. I feel like my software is up to date but many codecs that are listed on Adobe's support page are giving me "the source compression type is not supported" errors. Where do I go to add more codecs?

EDIT: I should add a couple things:

1) When I go to Media Encoder/ Help/ Updates, Creative Cloud tells me Media Encoder and Premiere Pro are up to date

2) I've tried adding codecs from Adobe's download page (Adobe - Adobe Media Encoder : For Windows ) but was told the download failed because all the content is already present.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain your issue in more detail? Specifically, what codecs do you think you need that you don't have? There are a ton of options already there. And do not be tempted to install something like the K-Lite package, can cause all kinds of headaches and can't be uninstalled easily from what I hear.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the GSpot app somebody else in these forums recommended, it looks like it's multiple files using MPEG-4 compression. But it's no big deal. I uninstalled the latest Media Encoder and switched to CC 2017 (I think it's CC 21.1?). I now get Creative Cloud asking me to update my software, but it's a small price to pay for an app that opens my files.

2019-01-22 18_05_24-Settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tacosandbourbon,

Sorry for your issue. I understand that you are looking for some additional codecs while exporting from Media Encoder. As SAFEHARBOR11 mentioned, we need to know the codecs that you are looking for. Which version of Media Encoder are you using?

Please share screenshots for the Export settings you have opted and the error that you are getting.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I need to encode to something that's not available in Adobe Media Encoder Queue, I usually create a high resolution file that another encoding application will support.  Since I'm on Mac, it's almost always Apple ProRes 422.  Now a days, it's usually to encode something to a legacy 32-bit CODEC that a client is still using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines