• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android OCR not working?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Android device is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G. As a Creative Cloud member for years, I have been using the Adobe Scan app on various devices for more than 2 years, and it worked exceedingly well until the past several weeks. Prior to the problem described herein, after scanning a document and then clicking on the save PDF option the application would first show that it was uploading the document, and then would indicate that it was scanning the document for optical character recognition. There appears to have been a recent update to the Adobe Scan Android app. One noticeable difference is that, upon initiating the Adobe scan app, the app does not immediately attempt to place four dots on the corners of a document to be scanned. The app now requires that you tap the screen to initiate the application attempting to identify the four corners of the document. Okay, no problem there.. I located how to access the settings by touching the little blue circle in the top left corner of the Adobe scan app. Which is annoying in itself from a user experience standpoint, as there was, and is, nothing wrong with using three short horizontal bars to indicate the availability of additional options and settings menus. If it ain't broke, don't fix it? At any rate, the OCR functionality is enabled in my settings menu. However, there is no indication that the document is being scanned for OCR subsequent to the document being uploaded to the Adobe Cloud. And when I search for documents using known words that are within the document previously scanned, the search feature only finds older documents with those words. It won't find the new document that I just scanned (even when I wait for a sufficient time for the scanning of the OCR to take place in the background, if that were the case). Hopefully you won't suggest to me that Adobe has unilaterally deprecated Samsung 10-series phones. I bought mine new not very long ago.

TOPICS
Android , OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Indie Maven 

Hope you are doing well.

Sorry for the delayed response. Please try to update your Adobe Scan App to version 21.10.26 and let us know if you still face the issue.

For more help please refer to: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/adobescan/android/en/

Regards

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines