Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compress PDF

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribe to Scan Premium but the compress PDF keeps giving me this error:

Error compressing File is already compressed.

After almost an hour with customer support asking questions/details they then sent this and left the chat:

The version of application (Scan) that you are using is an unsupported version. We do not have support options available for that version. You can however go to https://community.adobe.com and post a question there and an expert will respond to it. In the meantime, let me connect you with the team that will be able to set up a free trial for you for Acrobat Pro DC, the latest version so that you will be able to do your work with the PDFs. Please remain connected.

The message I got when they left was to contact during regular hours.

I'm on a Mac using the latest OS and have tried both Chrome & Safari. I was able to compress two files, scanned in a new document via the iOS app, came to my Mac to compress and download when this error to compress happened.

Any help is most welcome.

TOPICS
Modify scanned documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support wanted to see how I was trying to compress, so might be useful to share with my above question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rob_GRC,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your trouble with Adobe Scan.

I checked your account and could not find an active subscription for Acrobat DC.

The screenshot displayed above is from the desktop while the subscription you have is for mobile. This will cause a conflict, thus halting the process.

Would you mind trying the tools here: PDF compressor: Compress PDFs online for free | Adobe Acrobat

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

You can follow the below guide for it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/compressing-pdf

It helped me as well. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have tried all ways to compress and still getting errors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Sonia30466699m43v,

Would you mind sharing a screen recording of the entire event for a better understanding and assistance?

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines