Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe Scan offer a way to not utilize the Adobe Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does the current 2021 version of Adobe Scan allow us to not send scans to the Adobe Cloud?

I've read older articles (2017-2019 years) that suggest there may be a "offline" or "File Provider" workaround but basically all scans are saved into the Adobe Cloud.

We would like to utilize the app to scan photos of private medical data but do not want to have it sent to any online service such as the Adobe Cloud.

Thank You,

Sean

TOPICS
iOS , Manage scanned documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Hi @rewritex , 

If you do not wish to save the file to Document Cloud, you can simply save it on the device.

The PDFs that you save in Adobe Scan, are saved automatically to the document cloud. There is no direct option to turn off the Document Cloud from the application. 

After using a tool, if you don’t sign in to save or share your file, Adobe will delete the file from our servers within a short period of time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/faq/try-acrobat-online-services.html

Ho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I can scan the item, the app suggests  it uploads to the cloud even if I haven't logged into Acrobat online. Are the scans still uploaded even if I do not login or sign-up for  the Adobe Acrobat (or document cloud) service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @rewritex , 

If you do not wish to save the file to Document Cloud, you can simply save it on the device.

The PDFs that you save in Adobe Scan, are saved automatically to the document cloud. There is no direct option to turn off the Document Cloud from the application. 

After using a tool, if you don’t sign in to save or share your file, Adobe will delete the file from our servers within a short period of time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/faq/try-acrobat-online-services.html

Hope that answers your question.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines