• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple documents

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user - trying to send multiple docs for signature but the recipient sees one large doc vs. several small docs (all files were combined into one).  How do I ensure that each file is sent separately vs. merged into one? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shelly,

By default, when you upload multiple documents, they are first combined together and then sent as a single file for e-signing.

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes my question is is there a way to get around them being combined into a single doc and remain as individual docs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shelly,

As of now, all the documents are combined together and it cannot be changed.

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Are you saying that with e-sign, uploading 2 separate files to sign will result in a combined file?  And prior to the latest version that was NOT the case?  Other products allow for separate files to remain separate.  Why is Adobe different and what changed.

Thanks,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The workflow was initially designed keeping in mind that the users would want to see one whole signed agreement and would not want to open 'n' different documents and sign them separately. Similarly from sender's point of view, when the signed document comes back to him, he would want to see one combined document rather than 'n' different signed documents.

But, a workflow which requires an end-user to have separate agreements, can't be dismissed either.

Jeffrey Peterson, As far as i know the behavior hasn't changed of-late. So it has always been the same as it is now with the latest version.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it is now 2+ years later.... still combines to one single document.... why is there no work around for this. I don't mind that the recipients get a single document to sign but I need to be able to have it separated when it returns so I can file it in different folders. Seriously.... is it that hard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seamush,

Good news! You now have the ability to receive separated documents as a PDFs after sending multiple documents for signature.

Please note that the documents will initially be combined into one document. This makes it easier for recipients to navigate to the document they'd need to eSign, as they just need to click on one link from the email sent to them to access and sign the agreement.

However, you now have the ability to split the documents after the document has been eSigned. The process works in the following way

1) You upload multiple documents and send them for eSignature using Adobe Sign

2) The recipient receives an email using the regular format, with one link to click on to access the documents to eSign. This will appear as one document.

3) After the document has been eSigned, both yourself and the recipient receive separate attachments of the documents uploaded initially.

To set this up in your Adobe Sign Account, please log in to the Adobe Sign Dashboard, go to the Accounts Tab > Account Settings > Global Settings > and select 'Keep documents seperated'

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have "Global Settings" as a choice. I only have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seamush,

I have checked that you have Adobe Sign individual account.

The feature to keep the documents separated is only available in Business and Enterprise account.

You may try to contact support and check if the feature can be enabled for your account.

# For the subscribed account, find below the steps to contact support:

• Login to your Adobe Sign account directly via https://secure.echosign.com/public/login

• Once logged in, check the upper right corner of the page and click the question mark icon.

• It will re-direct you to the page where you get the option to create the support case or to start a chat with the team.

• If you've never logged in this way, use the forgot password option on the login link to set your password.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Meenakshi, 

I have the same issue as Seamush, please could you advsie if this is due to the type of account I have?

Is it on the roadmap to have this available for Adobe Pro customers as it is not work having the pro account without this feature when Docu-Sign have this option available as a standard?

Regards,

aneesa 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Glad this is now a feature! I'm not sure if the interface has changed in the last 3 years, but I no longer see the option to "merge multiple documents into one document after signing" in the Global Settings tab. Has that feature moved menu locations or is no longer available?

Thanks so much!

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines