• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a new prototype link to Master Component doesn't replicate in other instances.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First off, apologies if this has been answered previously - but I was unable to find a solution.

I am having difficulties replicating prototype links from a master component to other instances.

For example;

I have an artboard which I am using for a side navigation - this is my master component. It contains all of the prototype links to other artboards/pages. I am then copying this and pasting it to other artboards using the Prototype tab, so that it maintains the existing links that I have already added.

The issue comes when I need to add another NEW nav item and page. I add the new link to the master component which then updates and displays across all instances of my side nav - however, the new prototype link is not replicated meaning that I have to go through all other instances on my other artboards and re-add the new link destination.

Is there a solution to this or is this something that has not yet been implemented?

Thanks,

Alex.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out and I understand it could be difficult for you. I'd request you to please submit your feedback here: Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice page and let me know if you face any issues while submitting the request.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out and I understand it could be difficult for you. I'd request you to please submit your feedback here: Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice page and let me know if you face any issues while submitting the request.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for responding to this - and sorry for the delayed response.

I have now requested this as a feature on the link you provided.

Thanks,

Alex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue - is there a way to do it, or has been added to feature requests?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI - I have added this a feature request. For now, I have either been saving the component as a separate artboard and just having to manually update the links as and when they are added, otherwise, I just replace the component with the most recent master.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - thanks Alex! I'll do the same! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Am I understanding this correctly? If I create a navigation app bar component to move between different pages in app, these links do not propagate to all other copies of the master component?? 😮

I am using XD for the first time to prototype a simple app - in the footer of every screen, I have a navigation bar with three icons, Compelted Jobs, Current Jobs and Profile - each of these icons takes the user to the corresponding areas of the app. I have linked the master component up to the landing screen of each area. When I copy that compnoent onto all the other pages in the app, I find that I have to relink each icon to its relevant area - this means, I have to do this FOR EVERY PAGE THE COMPONENT APPEARS ON - this is appraching 20 screens so far, 3 icons, so at least 60 TIMES I have to go through the Protoype interface to link these icons to their areas. I find this to be a MASSIVE TIME WASTER and UTTERLY BAFFLING behaviour!

I thought XD was designed for rapid prototyping of an app interface - why am I having to relink the nav component over and over and over and over again to the primary app screens?  Surely these should carry over from the master component? Link each icon to it's landing screen, then copy the component across all screens.

This cannot be default behaviour of XD, surely! What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines