• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding element to a component

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so I know there have been already such threads but there wasn't anything that could help. I need to add a new element to a component I created and i cannot do it in any possible way - I tried copying and pasting, but it would only paste outside of the component, I tried editing the component but the component just wouldn't recognize my new element, drag and drop in the layers of course does not work. Can someone please help with this ? It's such a hassle. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to edit the PRIMARY component, not an instance.

1st – copy/cut the new element

2nd – double click the component, then paste the new element and place it correctly.

et voilà…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AgaSto,

Thank you for reporting us, In addition to the Joely's reply, i would like to add here..whenever you want to add elements/objects to the component make sure that the Main component/Primary component should be in edit mode[ Do double click ] then copy/paste or drag and drop objects , then the newly added elements will reflect in the Main component..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines