• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding video to XD

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there still no way to add a video to XD other than using the anima plugin? I mean I paid for the entire Adobe creative cloud all apps plan. I feel like this shouldn't be an issue. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, at the moment it is not yet possible to insert video into an Adobe XD project, except with the Anima plug-in. However, you can track and rate the feature request directly from here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12924336-import-vi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good lord people have been asking for this for over 2 years now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big Adobe conference is coming soon, maybe we might see this feature added.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding video is the most requested feature for XD Import Videos & Animated GIFs to show in interactive preview and work has been started, we just don't know when we'll get it.

Keep in mind that XD (and other apps like Sketch, etc) are all still young apps (especially compared to Photoshop, Illustrator, etc). There are many features people would like to see added and developers can only work so fast. Competing apps like Sketch also cannot import videos. 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you are telling me is I can pay for one of those apps and save tons
of money because Adobe is on the same time schedule as them. Maybe that’s
exactly what I’ll do. Save money in exchange for a lesser product. There is
a reason I pay the amount of money I do for every creative cloud app.
Because adobe is the best. It’s worth every penny, or maybe it was worth
every penny. Now I’m second guessing after your reply. --
Aaron Schuck
Twitter: coachschuck_
coachschuck.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has been developing features faster than Sketch and Figma. None of these apps (XD, Sketch, or Figma) can import/play videos, but there are other things XD does that the competing apps don't. Figma is actually more expensive than XD, and Sketch is only $20/year cheaper, but lacks a lot of XD's features.

XD stacks up very well against the others, but of course there's still more it can do (the same is true of most apps). There are lots of features we'd all like to see added to XD, but it takes time (and patience).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines