Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD 42.1 hangs on launch on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue with Adobe XD version 42.1.22on Windows 21H1 (Build 19043.1151).

What I did so far:

• installed the latest Windows Updates
  • tested latest Adobe XD version
  • tested two older Adobe XD versions
  • installed latest graphics drivers for my NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 8GB. Current version: 471.41-desktop-win10-64bit-international-nsd-dch-whql (Studio Driver version)
  • cleaned up all Adobe XD versions using Adobe Cleaner Tool
  • followed the advice in a lot of threads on this community forum with similar issues
  • followed this this guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/kb/xd-crashes-when-launched-on-Windows.html
  • tried advice from the accepted solution in this thread, but gives me the same error message as from user "strkbndctwrn" in that thread 

Unfortunately that didn't change any behavior of Adobe XD, it still hangs when launching it, displaying only the Xd logo on a white background.

In the Windows Event Log I get two errors for each of those hangs/crashes:

1. Source "Windows Error Reporting", error ID 1001, Name of crashed App: "Adobe.CC.XD_42.1.22.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte "
  2. Source "Application Hang", error ID 1000, Path of app: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_42.1.22.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe"

Now I'm stuck 😐

I ran the Adobe Log Collector tool and uploaded logs with this filename for Adobe support: AdobeLogs_20210805_020720_364-win.zip

Thanks in advance for any help.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

I was able to make some progress on this.

So the environment here is an Active Directory user with Roaming Profiles and Folder Redirection enabled. So that means some folders of the user profile are on a network share. This was previously also making issues with Adobe Premiere Pro. Back then, the "solution" was to run Premiere Pro with a local user that had no folders in the network.

Here I tried the same and it worked, Adobe XD runs fine with a local user (runs fine with and without administrat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Thanks for sharing the detailed information, this would be really helpful in troubleshooting the issue. I am logging bug with the Engineering team and will update this discussion as soon as I hear from the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @Rishabh_Tiwari ,

thanks for your quick response on this.

Please also note my second post as well, perhaps that info is relevant to the dev team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to make some progress on this.

So the environment here is an Active Directory user with Roaming Profiles and Folder Redirection enabled. So that means some folders of the user profile are on a network share. This was previously also making issues with Adobe Premiere Pro. Back then, the "solution" was to run Premiere Pro with a local user that had no folders in the network.

Here I tried the same and it worked, Adobe XD runs fine with a local user (runs fine with and without administrator privileges). That is of course very inconvenient for the user because switching back and forth between accounts is not a good solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines