• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD 43.0.12: Components in locally saved files do not reflect changes from library components

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD 43.0.12: Components in locally saved files do not reflect changes from library components.

This was working fine in 42.1.22. However, I can no longer open files with 42.1.22 if I've already saved them after installing 43.0.12. This, of course, means that my local files can no longer get library component updates, because I cannot roll-back the Adobe XD version. Because when I do that, I can't open my files!

1. Installed 43.0.12 today.
  2. Updated master component in a library file.
  3. Opened a local file.
  4. Saved local file after working on it a bit.
  5. Updated all components in local file (expected that component instances would update and reflect the changes I made to the master component).
  6. Noticed that component instances did not update.
  7. Tried right-click > reset to main state. Didn't work.
  8. Tried inserting a new instance of that component off the artboard, noticed that the updated version of the component did not show up.
  9. Opened an XD Cloud file, that consumes the master component in (2).
  10. Noted that all instances of the master component have been updated as expected.
  11. Opened a fresh XD Cloud file.
  12. Inserted an instance of the master component file.
  13. Noted that the component instance DID correctly update.
  14. Thought "okay, I'll just rollback XD, no probs".
  15. Uninstalled 43.0.12.
  16. Installed 42.1.22.
  17. Attempted to open my local file.
  18. XD 42.1.22 tells me I cannot open my local file, because I opened it in a newer version, and I need to install the newer, buggy version, that I rolled-back in the first place. Thereby rendering the roll-back feature for XD versions utterly and completely useless.
  19. Came here to write this post.

From previous experiene with Adobe XD support, the service was utterly terrible, and the support rep attempted to shift blame to me, gaslight me, and so on, for something that turned out to be a bug that Adobe hotfixed/patched over the course of the weekend after I reported the bug. While I'm certainly glad that the previous bug was fixed, I am posting here because I don't see the point of spending 3h+ with a disrespectful and ignorant Adobe support rep.

In the meanwhile, I guess I'll manually update each instance of the component, so that my specs are clean going to my devs, and hope someone actually sees or fixes this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jasminn5E99,

We are sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with XD and thanks for elaborating the issue. We would request you to please share the XD file with me over a private message so that we can investigate on this issue and try our best to resolve it.

We would also request you to please check this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/unlinked-error-on-main-component-in-main-documen... and confirm if it's a similar issue that you're experiencing.

Please upload the XD file to a shared location such as Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM. Please also share the details of your operating system.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines