• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD/CC keeps logging out and closing

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past several days my Adobe XD application keeps prompting me to close the application about every 5 min's or less. I've been struggling to find a solution for this problem and unable to get any work done due to this issue.

This seems to have been a long-running issue. Is there an actual solution for this? I'm running the most current version of Adobe CC on mac Mojave.

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Data loss , Known Issue , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

I understand the case, Daniely. As you have tried all the basic steps here, I would recommend you to get in touch with our support team for 1:1 assistance.

Please go to this link (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and hit the chat button at the bottom right corner of the page. Please let me know in case you need further help to get in touch with the team. I'll try to help you at that front as well. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble, we'll try our best to help you with this. We will need to isolate the root cause of the issue so could you please try the steps shared below and share your observation:

1. Could you please try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there.
  2. If that doesn't help, please log in to the root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how the application works there.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out. I've been digging in to the issue and can provide more clarity. What is happening is I keep getting logged out of Adobe CC. I tried a couple of approaches to reproducing and from what I found:

• Adobe CC itself does not log out when I do not open any Adobe Applications.
  • When I open Adobe XD, a couple minutes after being opened I see Adobe CC log out and get the dialog stating Adobe XD will be closed.

I cannot access the root account because this is a work machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I've been getting this error as well. When I click the link I don't get any information on the error, just standard troublehsooting script that I've done several times that doesn't seem to help.

daniely89473632_0-1593622985499.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing additional details, could you please share a screenshot of the About XD info page. Also, I'd recommend trying below steps:

1. Sign out of XD and Adobe CC Desktop app.
  2. Close CoreSync and all Adobe related process from Activity Monitor.
  3. Sign back in on Adobe CC Desktop app and launch Adobe XD from there and check how it works after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing. Here's the screenshot you asked for:

daniely89473632_0-1593643814587.png

I tried the steps you asked for and I still get logged out. It does appear that this problem does not persist when in safe mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it works in safe mode, I suspect that any third party application is causing this. Do you use any plugin with Adobe XD? If yes, would you mind disabling them and then check how it works. If it still happens, will it be possible for you to disable the anti-virus temporarily to check the application performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm using the Lorem Ipsum plugin with Adobe. I'll try disabling it to see if there's any change. I'm unable to disable anti-virus due to this being a work machine. 

daniely89473632_0-1594124995966.png

I am a bit confused by your statement though. From what I understand of how this cloud stuff is supposed to work, I'm supposed to be able to continue to use the apps 30 days from a last log in. When I'm using XD I keep CC up to observe its behavior. I notice that while I'm using XD that CC is being logged out. For some reason it's unable to hit a server you guys are, from what I assume, are continuously trying to hit while I'm logged in. Regardless of logged in/out state, XD should not close. I've logged in, I should be able to continue to use XD for 30 days regardless of being logged in. Why would logging out of CC close my application? Even if I log out of CC manually XD is closed, which should not happen, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if it is of any help, I noticed this behavior start for me when I installed the most recent update to XD. Prior to the recent update of XD, I have not had this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried disabling the plugin but still have the issue. After a couple of minutes Adobe CC shows this and XD closes.

daniely89473632_0-1594127011243.png

Last week I uploaded logs to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Daniely,

I know this could be frustrating to see one error after another. "Unable to reach Adobe server" appears when are some connectivity issues, please try the steps mentioned here (https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html). As this is a work machine, I'd like to know if you're using any and VPN as well? 

I'd also request you to ask your IT team to ensure that the access to all the network points mentioned here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html#AllAdobeservices) is enabled.

Awaiting your response. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In regard to VPN, I have tried both on and off of the VPN and get the same result. I'll take a look at the link you sent and pass the other link along to my IT department to see if it helps with connectivity issue, but my original question still remains. Why do you need an connection to the internet to use Adobe XD? I understand that you are doing DRM, but you shouldn't be doing this multiple times throughout the day. The minimum requirement seems to be I need to log in successfully only 1 time and I should be able to use software without connecting to the internet for at least 30 days. From what I've read in Adobe's response to people who have had this problem for years now is that Adobe is supposed to store your authorization on successful login for up to 1 month. This should mean I don't need to connect to the internet at all after I've logged in once in order to use any adobe prodcut. As I stated, even when I log out of Adobe CC manually, Adobe XD is forced to close. This to me seems to be a bug in the software as I should not be required to stay logged in to adobe CC or have an internet connection in order to use the products once I've logged in. Can you check the logs I've uploaded to see if there is any useful information as to why your app is forcing me to close when Adobe CC is logged out? Regardless of why I'm losing connectivity XD should not be forced to close for at least 30 days correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the following link: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html#reset-hosts-file-m... and performed all the troubleshooting steps requested and I have found no issue on my side. I'm able to connect to all the links provided, my GlobalSign Root CA is as described and my hosts file does not contain any adobe information in it. It seems this post is for dealing with activation of products, so just to be clear I'm not trying to activate any products, I'm already using them and have been using them for well over a year or 2. Just making sure we understand that the issue I'm seeing happened after doing the latest updated for Adobe XD software and isn't a result of a new install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the case, Daniely. As you have tried all the basic steps here, I would recommend you to get in touch with our support team for 1:1 assistance.

Please go to this link (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and hit the chat button at the bottom right corner of the page. Please let me know in case you need further help to get in touch with the team. I'll try to help you at that front as well. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @Atul_Saini - how about fixing your software for once? I've seen numerous topics regarding this issue, all of them are closed but none has been resolved. Stop copy pasting solutions that doesn't work. This issue is caused by a badly written software, not by user actions, hardware or windows version.

We pay you people a lot of money for a software that doesn't work. I don't want to speak to customer support every week or month. I want this to be fixed.

Adobe has been cutting costs and moving the dev team to countries that has lower hour rates to earn extra dollars and tell the whole world they are making great progress on the stock market.

This is rediculous.

Please, fix the software, and stop posting "solutions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines