• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll try our best to help you. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. when exactly it crashes?
  3. Is it crashing while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  4. Please share the logs by following the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a problem with Adobe XD on my Windows 10 PC (Version 1909)!

When I open the App it shows me a blank white window and after 20-30 seconds it closes.

The thing is, that i tried every singel solution from the Troubleshooting-page of this problem, but none of them worked.

Also I tried some of the Youtube tutorials and some tips from the community but nothing worked.

Also there shouldn't be any problem with the hardware of my PC because I have an:

• Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 GHz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 2 TB HDD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

Also all other Adobe Programms like Photoshop, Premiere, Aftereffects... work perfectly.

I realy hope, that someone could help me 🙂

Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas,

We are sorry to hear you are facing white screens crashes with Adobe XD and thanks for trying the troubleshooting. Would you mind trying the solution no 4 from this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html and share the information with us here.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I've had it for many months now. Extremely improductive. I've had to pay for another design product instead and transfer all my files there instead.  That's seems to be the only possible solution to this problem.

And, yes, just like jonas.kristl, I also have tested every solution in there and every solution on every other page in the forum. None worked of course. But the result after testing option 4 made things even worse. Now many other windows 10 apps crash upon start also saying "Can't find environment option that was entered"... 😞

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas,

We're sorry for the frustration and thank you for trying the steps. We have a famous post for the issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w... where people have suggested multiple solution to the problem. 

Would you mind going through the post and see if it helps you? If not, you may get intouch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html for real time assistance and it would be really helpful if you can share the solution that is performed by the support team for tracking purpose so that we can sugggest that to our customers.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To quote what I wrote before "I also have tested every solution in there and every solution on every other page in the forum. None worked." and "even made things worse. Now many other windows 10 apps crash" too. When I ask for help, please don't feed me the same autogenerated answer to my complaints. At the very least have the decency to read my post before answering. As support goes, bad answers are just as abominable as (or worse then) no answer at all.

Also giving generic answers saying we should modify system files is a really bad solution. Personally I'm not uncomfortable with doing that (though I think it's a bad workaround since the issue is related to your software, not other's software). Consider however that most people using your products are Illustrators, Graphic Artists and Designers - not Computer Engineers. Plus, even me, with 20+ years in programming and System Development still may run into issues after modifying system files (which should normally never be modified). Giving such answers to non-techies is atrocious advice.

Adobe CC is supposed to be a premium product, at least that's what people pay for it to be. Let's be honest, bugs and bad coding happens to all of us at times. We're human after all. But for a company of Adobe's size there should be enough developers working on these kind of issues to get them resolved within days - not months, half a year or never (as it seems).

I really feel like piotrs24232021 and TheoWerewolf . There's plenty of good alternatives to Adobe products today... Give us a reason to keep subscribing for this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Here is the link that you posted with a small correction  :

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my Adobe XD is constantly crashing on startup. I just did a fresh install and still the same problem. I just can't get it to work,

Thank you in advance,

a desperate member of the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Veldahar, sorry that you are unable to launch Adobe XD and it is crashing with the white screen. I would request you to try the steps mentioned on this link: - Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows and update this discussion with the results.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Atul, this fixed my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, had this yesterday and today on 2 different computers, both Windows 10 Pro, Build 17763. I got it fixed by more or less following your provided link, but - since this seems to be a common occurance since at least 7 months, could you please fix the installer? Since these are developer computers with VS 2019, VS 2015, SQL Server and loads of other tools it would be nice if i didn't have to remove any VC++ redistributables just to evaluate Adobe Xd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that this issue was fixed. The team is making a number of improvements in this area, and you should see less of this issue in the future. Do keep us informed if you continue to encounter this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: - Pastebin.com

White window appears and closed, and that's it.

I do that Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows but the rights was enabled before.

Windows 10 Pro 1809

The Tittle was edited by Moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try rebooting? There’s a known bug right now that has been identified and will be fixed in a future release.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Elaine. You solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After each update, Adobe XD launches into a white screen and crashes.
(as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html )

When it happened for the first time, I tried all the solutions, but only the 4th helped. Now after every update, I have to repeat the whole process:

• Uninstall XD.

• Kill all related processes from Task Manager.

• Delete temp files by using Run command (Win+r) then %temp%

• Delete Adobe XD folder from  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

• Uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages.

• Restart the computer and install Adobe XD

It starts being annoying so someone could do something about it because I'm not the only one who's having this problem.

(I have the latest Windows 10 Pro update and latest GPU drivers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble using Adobe XD and getting a white screen after each update. We are sorry for the frustration and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. The team is working on it to fix the issue. We'd request you to please send me your Adobe ID, location and phone number so that I can escalate the issue to the team for the real-time assistance.

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let us know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try uninstalling and installing Adobe XD again. I recommend you use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall Adobe XD and delete any corrupt files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After EVERY SINGLE TIME I update the xd (via the creative cloud) the app crashed. Then I have to jump through fiery hoops to clear my registry keys, delete file and un/reinstall truck load of stuff (as advised here ).

Seriously Adobe?!  having a large team of software devs and constant influx of cash from your subscriptions services you can't fix such a basic and at the same time crucial functionality as software update.

New updates come on a weekly or monthly basic - do you expect me and other people to go through the above linked stuff every time? Or at least be honest and come clean saying that you don't give s**t about your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piotrs,

I understand your frustration about it and thanks for trying out the steps mentioned in that link. I'll certainly pass on your feedback about this help article to our content team. I would recommend you to restart the machine after update and share the results.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what Atul said, the team is aware of the issue and is high on their priority list to fix. You should see improvements to the experience in future updates. Request your patience until then.

If you are on an team or enterprise license and still need help, check with your administrator to get in touch with Adobe support. If you are on an individual license, use this link Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I'm having essentially the same problem. Except I've NEVER gotten XD to work. If I run it, I get a white window that sits for about a minute, then goes away. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing works. And this isn't even on just one machine.. I've tried it on a Lenovo Flex 5, a Surface Pro 3, an Intel NUC, and a Ryzen 5 desktop system all running the most recent Win10. Nada.

A bit frustrating..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely get your frustration. If you have tried all the steps in this troubleshooting doc Adobe XD launches into a white screen on Windows​ and they haven't helped, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it's ok. I'm not really prepared to start ripping out graphics drivers and half the DLLs in my System32 folder to try and fix an app that's never worked. That advice literally made my jaw drop.

Unfortunately, it was the only thing in my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription that I still was using (well, trying to use at least) and so I decided to cancel my subscription. I was hoping to use it for some UI design, but I'm sure I can find something else.

BTW, if you ever want to hire a programmer who doesn't write code that has these issues, drop me a line.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines