• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Viktor,

Sorry that you're facing crash issues with Adobe XD. Would you mind sharing the above asked information to me over a private message so that we can escalate the case to the team?

Let us know if you face any trouble. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boa tarde, 

Depois da última atualização meu XD abre, fica 30 segundos em uma tela branca e fecha sozinho. Já reinstalei o programa, desliguei e liguei o notebook, mas nada adianta. Enviei os relatórios para a Adobe.

Aguardo uma solução pois tenho muitas telas de projetos lá.

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble while launching Adobe XD. Would you mind confirming if you are still experiencing the issue or it has been resolved?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try to follow the instructions you find in this thread: TROUBLESHOOTING: Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe xd crashes when I try to launch it. It shows a blank screen for a second or two then crashes.

I have windows 10 on my HP 15ay-116tu with an updated HD 620 graphics card.

I've tried all four solutions posted on the help page but did not help.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try to follow the instructions you find in this thread: TROUBLESHOOTING: Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you tried the solutions in the document and it did not help, I suggest getting in touch with our support team using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m  Use the chat button to get started. Do let them know that you have already tried the solutions in the doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no resolution for this is there. I have been on sessions with tech support where they have "fixed" it but it comes back within 48 hours every time. 

Also, the error keys I receive are not the same as those covered in the "troubleshooting" articles, so none of that is any help whatsoever. 

Considering that this issue has been plaguing Adobe windows users for over 2 years, it's pretty shocking that it hasn't been resolved. How can this bug be permanently resolved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about the 3rd time I've had this problem, I was using it 2 days ago then I saw the update and updated it, once the update installed it no longer worked. I've tried solutions 1 - 4 in here https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html#Errordetails none worked. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've even reset my PC but kept all personal files and even that didn't work.

Below is an image of what I see before it closes, no error or anything, just closes.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobb, sorry that you're having trouble while launching Adobe XD. We would need some details here, would you mind sharing the following logs? 

I would also request you to enable and collect the crash dumps as per the instructions mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html Use "Full dump" for the DumpType. Then launch XD again if it crashes, go to the CrashDumps folder (see full path above) and locates the file with the correct timestamp. Please share the OS build as well.

You may upload these logs to CC or Dropbox as a zip file and share the link with me in a private message. Please let me know in case you face trouble grabbing any of the logs.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem getting Adobe XD to launch.

I'll have issues with it every so often but usually updating it fixes the problem. Today I tried to open XD, and it came up with a white screen and then completely closed itself out with no error.

I closed Photoshop and tried opening XD again, and to my surprise it launched. However upon trying to start a new file, it gave the error code "50" and crashed again.

Since then I havent even been able to get it to launch again.

• I've updated XD to the latest version
  • I've updated my graphics drivers through the Geforce Experience App
  • I've updated Windows.
  • I've uninstalled and reinstalled countless times, including using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
  • I've restarted my computer nothing short of 50 times.
  • I've followed every step and solution here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html EXCEPT FOR SOLUTION 3 since I don't have the "BlockProtocolElevation " file.
  • I've checked event viewer which displayed the error below: 

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 22.7.12.3, time stamp: 0x5d844950
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1038, time stamp: 0xf4b8bed8
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x00000000006a6372
Faulting process id: 0x369c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d57a51a1a26302
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_22.7.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
Report Id: ecdef5e2-3ca1-48e5-9f72-eef6a76e8020
Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_22.7.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte
Faulting package-relative application ID: App​

• I've gone to the Microsoft support forums and tried their solutions which included Resetting the windows store and reregistering the apps. I did everything short of uninstall the windows store and reinstalling it.
  • I've taken ownership of the WindowsApps folder.
  • I've updated the .NET Framework.

And none of this has fixed my issue. STILL it crashes on startup. At this point I can't use XD at all. I'm having absolutely no issues with any other Adobe APP, just this one. I have no idea what else to do to fix this.

<The title was edited by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the extensive troubleshooting before seeking assistance here. I am sorry to hear that none of the solutions helped. I understand how frustrating that can be. For further investigation please send your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post to dl-wepm1@adobe.com. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Camerona, 

We are sorry to hear that you are facing trouble launching Adobe XD and thank you for performing all the possible troubleshooting steps at your end. In addition to what Preran has suggested, you may also send the log files along with the personal information with me over a private message. 

You may generate the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html. After the files have been generated, please upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the URL with me.

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, please see the instruction in the image below:

clipboard_image_0.png

Let us know if you face any trouble doing so. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I both emailed the the address Preran provided and PM'd you nearly a week ago now, with no response...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, sorry about this confusion, Preran is on vacation at the moment. We have checked the inbox, however, we don't see you email there. Please PM the details to me, I'll certainly take it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Camerona23687526, please update to the latest build of Adobe XD using this link: - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html and share the results. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As requested via PM, I did this and sent the new logs a week ago.

No response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Camerona23687526, I'd like to know if you have updated to Adobe XD 23. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I am on version 23.1.32 (latest available). Still having the same issue/error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming the version Camerona. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay. This is unfortunate that you are still experiencing white screen crash after the update. We already have your contact details, you should hear from our support team soon for 1:1 assistance on this issue. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the fact that it has taken long to troubleshoot your issue without any satisfactory solution being provided. The log files indicate that this is an issue that we are aware of and are in the process of fixing. Unfortunately, there is no workaround solution available at the moment. 

If possible, can you try installing on another computer, if available, and let us know? This issue is specific to the Windows OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is when i start launching it and then crashes with no error messages, and the XD window appears at first but then goes away suddenly, and i've tried all the solutions above. I have the latest update of my graphic driver, re-installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015, and updating Net Framework.
When i try to open the project file, this message appear :
2.PNG

and here's my system information :

1.PNG

And here's the file of Adobe Log Collector :
Log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update : Now i can finally use Adobe XD, re-installing windows 10 works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that you are all set. Thank you for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines