• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD is running slow when Creative Cloud app is running simultaneously.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to install the Adobe XD app on a mac without the Creative Cloud crap? Creative Cloud is running a lot of processes and slowing down my mac. It's always whining about not being able to install updates. I have to click on update button several times to start updating XD. I think this whole Creative Cloud software is  completely unnecessary for me.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

I am sorry, Madurangae, but the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application is required to download, install, and utilize Adobe XD.

Are you seeing the slow performance when utilizing Adobe XD, or is the slow performance systemwide after the Creative Cloud desktop app opens?  What operating system are you using Adobe XD on?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share another link, the above link is not working anymore. My creative cloud app is getting failed during the update and I can't pass that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, Madurangae, but the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application is required to download, install, and utilize Adobe XD.

Are you seeing the slow performance when utilizing Adobe XD, or is the slow performance systemwide after the Creative Cloud desktop app opens?  What operating system are you using Adobe XD on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what this is 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see a slow performance after the creative cloud is open!!! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maruispet,

Sorry to hear you're facing slow performance issue in XD when Creative Cloud desktop is open. Would you mind telling us which actions are slow in XD? What is the OS and XD version of your machine? 

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I guess I will have to switch to something else. CC has slowed down all of our computers. I can upgrade mine, but not paying thousands to upgrade all of our, just to have Adobe. There are other solutions.

Came here looking for solution, but looks like I got an answer instead!

Why in the world would Adobe do that? There is a concept called 'ease of use'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really keen to see a response to this query as I am experiencing a similar issue.

Is it possible to run Adobe XD with Creative Cloud as it is really slowing down my system? Is there a workaround to prevent this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest Macbook pro, and I can't run any of the adobe cc applications. It takes a lot of memory, and it slows down the machine. I switched to Affinity Photo and Affinity Design. I'm looking for an Adobe XD alternative. I've tried everything to fix it. Adobe just isn't made for Mac OS anymore. As a professional, this is reallly sad. I love all the applications, but I'm not paying thousands for a computer just to run Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have those issues. I have a 2019 Mac, Monterey 12.2.1, Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB, 32G RAM and my file is becoming unusable... I tried to unlink any outside items, remove any unused/invisible layer, restarting, updating... Every change takes a minute, saving takes 2... and I have only 6 artboards! Is there anything I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using adobe xd since last two year. From each and every update it become worst than ever . In my case too  I have to click on update button several times to start updating XD. I think this whole Creative Cloud software is  completely unnecessary for me. Today i have update my adobe xd after my all files are not even open it takes around half hour to load my file . Kindly fix this problem my all money wasted everymonth . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the main blocker for me in downloading and using Adobe XD. I think if the team a/b tests this they might find that the downloads will increase dramatically if it doesn't come packaged with all the Creative Cloud baggage. I uderstand as a business you'd want to upsell/sidesell other products, but I don't think the current implementation is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tottaly agree! All I need is to use Adobe XD and all Adobe Cloud components simple kill my battery. I am still trying to keep XD and not move to Figma but it is being had not to do it. Please allo XD install and utilization without all Cloud crap!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @marcosm34476579 ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure you have the latest version of XD which is 51.0.12. In case if it's already up to date, please share a few more details like:

1. The version of OS.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Does closing the CC Desktop app make Adobe XD performance better?
  4. Please share system logs
  5. Please share the spin dump file by following the steps shared below:
  • Mac
    • Launch Activity Monitor
    • Select Adobe XD process (might show as “Not Responding”)
    • Click on the gear in the upper left of the Activity Monitor
    • Select “Spindump”
    • This will generate a text file
  • Win
    • Launch Task Manager
    • Select the Adobe XD process
    • Right-click on the Adobe XD process
    • Select “Create dump file”
    • This will generate a binary file

Please add the file to a shared location and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines