• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation (prototype) lost after I add new elements

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created  parallax animation in 5 artboards. I added new elements in artboard #1. That causing my other parallax animation lost.

What I've done:
• copy new elements to 5 artboards, so each artboard has the same element, in same position
• re-group all artboards
• re-prototype all artboards with auto animate settings

But the animations still lost.

So we can't add elements after creating prototype animation?
Is there any way to add new elements without breaking the prototype animation?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Known Issue , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Okay, there a few rules when using auto-animate.

All auto-animated layers must be of the same name between the different artboards.

The groups which they belong to must also be of the same names between artboards, and the hierarchy must be the same:

Artboard1/Group1/Layer1 matches Artboard2/Group1/Layer1, but not Artboard2/Layer1.

For you I suspect what's wrong is the group names, as Xd incrementally names new groups, disregarding artboards, so if they don't match that will break the auto-an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the trigger assigned to? To the whole artboard, or to a group of elements?

In any case, adding new things or changing existing elements shouldn't remove the prototype connections / wires.

It would be nice if you can provide some more info so we can see what might be going wrong.

Can you post a screenshot of your configuration in prototype mode with all artboards selected, so we can see the links?

Also, post a screenshot in design mode, so we can see which elements you add that break it. If you make a video or post the file here - even better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spas!

Yes the prototype connections are still there, all are connected, every trigger button goes to exact artboard like the prototype settings. 

But, the smooth animations are gone, such as:
Auto-animate elements I created in 5 artboards to create parallax animation. It used to be a smooth scrolling transition. But after I ungroup them, the animation become fade.

I used arrow down for trigger. The trigger works fine, goes to the next artboard, but the animation is not smooth scrolling anymore.

I guess the smooth animations are broken because I ungroup the artboards?

I apologize for not sharing the screenshot or video, it's a confidential project.

Thank you for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, there a few rules when using auto-animate.

All auto-animated layers must be of the same name between the different artboards.

The groups which they belong to must also be of the same names between artboards, and the hierarchy must be the same:

Artboard1/Group1/Layer1 matches Artboard2/Group1/Layer1, but not Artboard2/Layer1.

For you I suspect what's wrong is the group names, as Xd incrementally names new groups, disregarding artboards, so if they don't match that will break the auto-animate.

Adding new layers or removing some should only break the auto-animate on the problematic elements (if they are present on one arboard and not another, or have different names).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, thank you for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines