• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are there any downsides if I convert the text on my website to paths?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason i want to convert the text on my website to paths is so i can align it perfectly in adobe xd. If i don't do that the text cannot be aligned perfectly. I would like still people to be able to copy text from my website if they want to. Would they be able to do that? Are there any other downsides if i do this? How do YOU perfectly align your text? Or do you keep it as text without converting it to paths and align it just roughly and not perfectly? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Converting text to paths will mean the develop can't copy and paste it as text from the shared link you'll provide them. So it's not a good idea because of that, and it can't be edited in the future.

It's hard to know exactlty what alignment issues you're having without seeing a layout, but asides from the smart guides which appear, you can manually draw guides and use the arrow keys to nudge things into position.

One thing to keep in mind is that your design may not be translated into code

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual alignment works fine for me. That depend on layout. Can you share screenshot and explain exactly what is not aligned correctly? Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Converting text to paths will mean the develop can't copy and paste it as text from the shared link you'll provide them. So it's not a good idea because of that, and it can't be edited in the future.

It's hard to know exactlty what alignment issues you're having without seeing a layout, but asides from the smart guides which appear, you can manually draw guides and use the arrow keys to nudge things into position.

One thing to keep in mind is that your design may not be translated into code with pixel-perfect precision. 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines