Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Bug?) Can't type alt codes

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is it just me or it is not possible to type ALT codes indto text boxes in XD? e.g. i want to insert ALT+0150 (very often used) and it always focuses out of the box, probably because xd has some ALT+number shorcuts... People really dont need this?

Thanks for any answer.

Jiri Gerat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

I guess it's not the bug and the XD the team hasn't built a feature to use the alt+codes. You can make a feature request here -  https://adobexd.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it's not the bug and the XD the team hasn't built a feature to use the alt+codes. You can make a feature request here -  https://adobexd.uservoice.com

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not the correct answer. See @Byron Lee's and my comment below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, alt codes used to work prior to v33. I use alt+0151 and 0150 to type in em and en dashes frequently.

Looks like XD recently assigned alt+1, alt+2, and alt+3 to the Design, Prototype, and Share tabs, respectively. This breaks up my workflow, so now I either have to open the character map or Google em dashes to copy the character or I have to store a bunch of special characters in my UI kit. Neither of these are ideal. Surely there are better shortcut key combinations to use than ones that remove a core keyboard entry functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this too!  I used to be able to type alt codes for bullet points and such, but since the most recent update, I cannot. It's very annoying to have to go over to notepad or some other program to create the alt code and then paste it into XD. Please, please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines