• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Bug] Problem when trying to type (CAUGH ON CAMERA!!)

Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know when you're trying to edit a text with type tool but nothing happens? Yeah, I'm talking about this bug.

Usually, to work around this issue, you need to press ALT + TAB. When going back to the XD, the type tool works.

I had the patience to record this bug with my phone, because it's kinda impossible to record my screen to register this bug (because you'd probably press ALT + TAB to open a recorder program, right?)

The bug is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4umuFqanDEs

Why this bug happens? I don't know.

How this bug happens? I don't know.

Does this happen on Mac version too? I don't know.

What XD version was I running? The most recent version by 20/01/2021 (I always keep XD updated)

Does this bug still happen? I don't know, if it isn't fixed, probably is still there

Can I get logs of this problem? No, unfortunatly I can't spend my work hours trying to reproduce this bug to get logs.

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Known Issue , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franco,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I'll try and reproduce this on my end and share the findings with the Engineering team and will update this discussion as soon as I hear from the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's regularly happening to me, more often in recent versions in Xd, even the first time I type something after making a new file - while trying to name it or change a value on the right. The bug has been around for 2-3 years now. It's probably some fundamental issue with Windows and UWP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines